OS X 10.1.1 details

T

Tired

SMB Update?

It is interesting to note that there is no mention of an SMB update. Anyone who uses SMB knows its at least 3x faster in 10.1.1. So it was changed, but not documented.

Makes you wonder what else they add/change and not tell us about.

Xapplimatic

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2001
California
Clock update

Glad they fixed the clock error.. Having to be hooked to network time to maintain clock accuracy was a major downer as my cable modem service goes down frequently, and it would hang the computer on reboots whenever the clock update ran with a dead-internet connection. Internet should remain an option, not a necessity.

Classic

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2001
Re: Clock update

Originally posted by Xapplimatic
Glad they fixed the clock error.. Having to be hooked to network time to maintain clock accuracy was a major downer as my cable modem service goes down frequently, and it would hang the computer on reboots whenever the clock update ran with a dead-internet connection. Internet should remain an option, not a necessity.
What do you mean by "Glad they fixed the clock error?"

I have a dual 800 running 10.1. that 70% of the time boots up with a date and time set to 4:00pm December 31, 1969. I'm not the only one. On the Apple discussion board there are multiple threads about this, including the following with 190+ postings:

http://discussions.info.apple.com/WebX?50@74.vBY0aOd4fyw^2@.efa0fa9/195

Am I missing something?

Classic

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2001
PRAM is fine

I've zapped PRAM, run disk utilities, called Apple, etc...

Apparently it's not something fixable other than with an Apple update.

They've even posted it in their Knowledge Base:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=106542

Their temporary solution of resetting manually is rather rediculous. Also, their solution of setting to a Network Time Server doesn't work, as everytime the Date and Time revert to 1969, the system preferences reset and are no longer set to a Network Time Server. Even if I've set it and locked the settings.