OS X Hacked!!

idkew

macrumors 68020
Original poster
I wish i had proof to show you guys this, but i guess you will have to take my word for it.

I was checking my sharing prefs in the sys prefs app, and instead of saying "click stop to...." it said, are you ready? (i took a screen shot, but NONE of the five worked... file read error, so i did not write this down exactrly, but i think it went like this)
....

Cupertino Sharing On

Lots of information for me
and you
and timmy too.

.....


crazy huh? how do you all think this happened? time to change ALL passwords?:confused: :confused: :confused:
 

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
2,915
26
Ha ha haaa!
Whoa... you should definitely report that to Apple. I checked my settings and couldn't reproduce the same thing by turning File Sharing on and off... then again, I never have File Sharing enabled in the first place...
 

Goblin2099

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2002
65
0
New York City
I remember about a week ago on Crazy Apple Rumors their little subheading was something like "Who is this Timmy and how did he get on our network??"

I thought they were joking, seeing as, they're crazy apple rumors, but it sounds related. Of course, I say this as I check my prefs...
 

teabgs

macrumors 68030
Jan 18, 2002
2,853
0
behind you
There has been at least one other thread here that I remember where this happened to someone....


then more spoke up within that thread. One guy actually posted a screenshot...

I dont think we ever figured out what was going on....
 

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
2,915
26
Ha ha haaa!
Originally posted by teabgs
There has been at least one other thread here that I remember where this happened to someone.... then more spoke up within that thread. One guy actually posted a screenshot... I dont think we ever figured out what was going on....
Yeah, I just did a search. Here's the thread:

https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?threadid=10647

Very weird! It could be an Easter Egg, but it's a bit of an unsettling one, wouldn't you say?
 

Attachments

blackpeter

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2001
919
0
This is weird. Anyone out there able to reproduce this? I tried turning on my file sharing and nothing.
 

Megaquad

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2001
817
0
There is definitely something spooky going on. I'd say Morpheus is looking for you! :D

Edit: I have a theory!
Lets say Mac OS X has built in spyware in it, and there are some rebel fractions inside of Cupertino (apple workers) who are fighting for privacy of mac users, and programmers built this message inside osx to let us know Cupertino is spying all data on our macs..
Cupertino sharing on: it means all data are shared with Cupertino!
 

Wash!!

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2002
389
0
here, there, who knows
You people are way too paranoid

Every time you go online, use your phone, credit card, even getting snail mail you are given away your private information there is no way to avoid it, so get over it and move on.

Cheers:D
 

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
2,915
26
Ha ha haaa!
Re: You people are way too paranoid

Originally posted by Wash!!
Every time you go online, use your phone, credit card, even getting snail mail you are given away your private information there is no way to avoid it, so get over it and move on.

Cheers:D
There's a difference between willingly giving away private information and having it unknowingly available to someone through a back door.
 

Wash!!

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2002
389
0
here, there, who knows
Re: Re: You people are way too paranoid

Originally posted by Hemingray


There's a difference between willingly giving away private information and having it unknowingly available to someone through a back door.
In this time we live there is no diffrence any more.;)
 
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.