OS X Lion to Hit UK Mac App Store at 1AM Tonight

TheGdog

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2010
North Carolina, USA
If this is true and not just another rumor to get people exited over nothing. The question is will apple release it everywhere at once or is this release time just for UK? I'm on EST, so 8PM? 5PM Apple time? That is a strange time to release it!

If I were a betting man, my money would still be on the 14th around 3PM EST or 8PM UK time.

Comment

PBP

macrumors 6502
May 13, 2011
I was browsing the Appstore a couple of minutes ago :eek: and now its gone :confused:

Release within a couple of hours?

Last edited by a moderator:
Comment

joelovesapple

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2006
UK
Yeah, I guess I'll look as foolish as the other millions of people making predictions...
Don't get me wrong, but when you're looking forward to something it's annoying when it gets pushed back time after time. I'm not trying to rain on anyones parade but I'm talking from experience. You get so many people on here who 'claim to be in the know', when really they know naff all.

I am as excited as you are and the sooner it comes out the better. I pray you're right because if I were you and I made such claims, I'd be a shade embarrassed too.
:(

Comment

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
I don't think OP is making any predictions. He is just posting an article from a well-known Mac site who is claiming 1am release. There are worse threads where the OP just claims to know something and has nothing to back it up.

Comment

joelovesapple

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2006
UK
I don't think OP is making any predictions. He is just posting an article from a well-known Mac site who is claiming 1am release. There are worse threads where the OP just claims to know something and has nothing to back it up.
Good point actually. My apologies! How credible are CultofMac?

Comment

iSmac

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 8, 2011
Well said!

Comment

adztaylor

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2009
Preston, UK
Don't get me wrong, but when you're looking forward to something it's annoying when it gets pushed back time after time. I'm not trying to rain on anyones parade but I'm talking from experience. You get so many people on here who 'claim to be in the know', when really they know naff all.

I am as excited as you are and the sooner it comes out the better. I pray you're right because if I were you and I made such claims, I'd be a shade embarrassed too.
:(
This hasn't been "pushed back" at all. The only information Apple has given is that Lion will be released in July. So that can include up until 31st July. If you don't want to hear these predictions and rumours, well, you're on the wrong forum.

Comment