OS X logs me out (and out of the blue)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by blow45, Apr 13, 2011.

1. blow45 macrumors 68000

on my mba 11", it's done it 5 times or so, so far, and ummm... I 'd hate to send my mba (yet again) to service, and I really have no clue why this happens...and no it's not as simple (of course) as having a look at security settings...

Any help most welcome, because there's such a sinking feeling to be logged out mid work and lose work as well as having everything close down on you...:(

2. ergdegdeg Moderator emeritus

ergdegdeg

I've been having the same problem recently, although I think in my situation, it's mostly related to doing more intensive tasks on my 2007 MBP. It's mostly happened while watching a DVD/Hulu full-screen.

Do you think yours could be stress-related too?

3. blow45 thread starter macrumors 68000

I should think so, now that you got me thinking along these lines, because most recently it happened with parallels on. I can't remember what I was doing the other times. Having said that a chrome + safari (with few tabs) + chrome on parallels and a vid playing isn't what I would call stress...

...it's really disconcerting though, and from my preliminary online research on this, I can't seem to find a root cause... that's what worries me, that in this day and age, I might have to live with the fear of getting logged out mid work, and I wouldn't want that of course...

4. dukebound85, Apr 13, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2011

dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

mine has occasionally logged out for no reason

quite irritating when I have my computer as my alarm clock

5. blow45 thread starter macrumors 68000

hadn't thought of that...and I too use it as an alarm clock occasionally, boy that sucks even more than losing some work done...