Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gwang73

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2009
California
  • iMessage and FaceTime blocked senders enabled and syncs with iOS7.
  • SMB2 fixed so you can now navigate directly to deep directory structures
  • Includes updated Safari 7.0.2 build (9537.74.6)
  • Combo Updater not available, only can update via MAS
  • Apple Mail still does not work properly (syncing) with Outlook.com via IMAP

Last edited:

gwang73

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2009
California
Not true.

There is a direct download available on the apple developer forums. This lets you get it through a browser instead of the mac app store.

You should check again. There is only the MAS config seed download to enable the beta download through MAS.
Looks like Apple stopped providing the direct download for this beta, or forgot to update the dev site with it.

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2012
No.

I don't need to "check again". The direct link exists.

I'll give you step by step instructions on how to get to that link (assuming you are a developer signed up to the mac dev center). Note this is not legally available to non-developers.

Click on https://developer.apple.com/devforums/

and then click the button Sign In

Enter your developer apple ID and password and click the button Sign In.

Click Mac Development

Click Getting Started.

Click 10.9.2 Build 13C39.

Now do you see the link?

PS. If you find this link, please don't post it here because that will breach macrumors rules.

Last edited:

gwang73

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2009
California
Yes, but that is not the same combo installer that Apple used to release directly on the dev download page. Apple used to release both a delta and combo installer that you can download directly from the download page.

Anyways, thanks for the link. Do you know if it's the same file through MAS or is this really a combo update?

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2012
I agree. Actually I preferred it when they provided delta and combo DMG files on the mac dev center. It was easier then.

Apple have not done so for the 10.9.1 or 10.9.2 betas (but HAVE provided one for the same build as the public release for 10.9.1) and so these (probably harder-to-find) direct links are provided instead on the apple developer forums.

It's the same thing you would otherwise have got from the mac app store after installing the mavericks seed configuration utility. But in the past many developers have had trouble with this and so this is why this alternative method is provided.

This is technically a combo. The seed note says

"OS X Mavericks Update 10.9.2 is an update to OS X Mavericks 10.9."

NOT

"OS X Mavericks Update 10.9.2 is an update to OS X Mavericks 10.9.1"

So it should update straight from 10.9.

Last edited:

gwang73

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2009
California
Awesome. I don't know why Apple likes making things difficult.

I don't like using the delta updates and swear that my system is more stable because I install the combo updates rather than the delta ones.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
[MOD NOTE]
As per our rules, we do not allow links to software that violate the licensing terms. Lets stay on topic of the bugs and fixes and not piracy.

Suspended
Sep 16, 2013
anyone with this build notice any improvements with audio stuttering/clicking on external audio devices.

i've been waiting for this fix since maverick came out and I read 10.9.2 was the update to watch for

gwang73

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2009
California
Is anyone using Apple Magic Mouse or a bluetooth mouse with a rMBP can help me confirm an issue I am seeing on my system with beta2?

The issue is when I disconnect the bluetooth mouse, magic mouse for me, by turning the mouse off, my menubar, dock and clicking with the trackpad freezes and stops working. However, my keyboard still works and I can move the cursor around with the trackpad.

If I turnoff bluetooth in the menubar, the system works just fine. The issue only happens when the mouse disconnects from bluetooth without turning bluetooth off on the computer.

ultraspiracle

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2012
Is anyone using Apple Magic Mouse or a bluetooth mouse with a rMBP can help me confirm an issue I am seeing on my system with beta2?

The issue is when I disconnect the bluetooth mouse, magic mouse for me, by turning the mouse off, my menubar, dock and clicking with the trackpad freezes and stops working. However, my keyboard still works and I can move the cursor around with the trackpad.

If I turnoff bluetooth in the menubar, the system works just fine. The issue only happens when the mouse disconnects from bluetooth without turning bluetooth off on the computer.

Yes, good catch. This is definitely a bug, and I can confirm it on a mid-2012 MBP non-retina.

ultraspiracle

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2012
They changed the behavior of the power button again - instead of a short tap to turn off the display, you have to hold it down for 2 sec.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.