OS X says 65GB music 50GB movies, is 10GB and 0GB

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JeroenJK, Aug 8, 2013.

1. JeroenJK macrumors newbie

Hello,

I have a problem with my storage. Normally I wouldn't care, but since I am starting my new study next week I need space.

I disabled Mobile Backups, that gave me some space.

Now when I look at Storage in About My Mac it says that I have about 65GB of music, what is definitely NOT true! iTunes is the only place where I got music, and when I CMD+I the iTunes folder it says 11GB (that's Music+everything else in iTunes)

It also says that I have 50GB of movies, while I don't have movies anymore...

I emptied trash several times, I ran GrandPerspective, but I can't find any music.

However, GrandPerspective says that I have "miscellaneous used space". What's that?

Hope someone can help me? As you can see, bootcamp is now 37GB, that's not enough. I need a bootcamp of at least 200GB, so I am going to delete this one.

Very strange..

Hope someone can help me!

Thanks!

2. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

download daisydisk to see clearly where your space goes.
    It is pretty impossible to say anything with the information you give. You don't see how much is free or how big your harddrive is.
    Bootcamp is whatever you set it. That is a partition it is not magically going to grow just because you delete stuff on your OSX partition.

Run DaisyDisk in admin mode and report back (with a screenshot) if that doesn't already clear everything up.