Osir carbon fiber case and iphone 3g GPS signal

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by kalex, Jul 29, 2009.

1. kalex macrumors 65816

Hello,

Those of you that have Osir carbon fiber case on iphone 3g, how is your GPS performance?

I noticed an issue the other day. I loaded up Navigon on my iphone 3g and attempted to test it while being a passenger in my friend's car. Navigon kept loosing GPS signal and navigation was not that good. As soon as I took off the carbon fiber case, GPS signal was strong and navigon never lost it while we were riding in the car. Is it possible that Osir case interferes with GPS reception of iphone 3g? are there any utilities that can show me gps signal strength?

Thanks

Alex

2. hamsup1o macrumors member

Don't know how much this will help..

I am using this case as well and do not see any differences with or without the case on. However my 3GS GPS issues is out of wack where it's showing I'm a block or two away from where I'm actually located. In my case, I believe it's due to fw 3.0. Hopefully this get fixed with 3.1 or I'll have to visit the apple store.

3. jacobgaul macrumors regular

its the phone its self with the gps issue, 3.1 wont fix it i had a wonky 16gb 3gs and i had to exchange it the new one works dead on