OSX Photos TCP/UDP Ports –*Bandwidth Limiting

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by PhilippLA, May 2, 2015.

1. PhilippLA macrumors newbie

Hey,

does anyone know what ports the "cloudd" process uses for OS X photos for uploading and downloading to iCloud?

My mom has a very slow internet connection and I need to limit the upload rate of OS X photos so that her internet isn't bogged down for several weeks while her photos upload to the cloud.

I know where to set this up on her router but don't know what ports Apple is using so that I can limit the bandwidth for this application.

Any tips would be much appreciated!

2. bripab007 macrumors 6502

Well, you know that you know the destination port is going to be encrypted HTTP traffic (so, port 443), so what you can do with your QOS is to set all traffic to port 443 above a certain size to be classified lower. In my QOS, I set all file transfers over 512KB destined for port 443 to a lower class than that of https transfers up to 512KB. This gives fast, responsive webpage loading, prioritizing it above image transfers to iCloud Photo Library that're being sent to Amazon Web Services or wherever they go.