Other Countries with GSM and iPhone 4 "What say Ye?", how is the reception

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gregnauman, Jul 15, 2010.

1. gregnauman macrumors regular

Just curious how reception has been with iPhone in the past and how it is now with iPhone 4 when you get away from the AT&T network.

GSM is all over the world, so how is the reception been in other countries?

Let's take AT&T out of the mix for a moment and see what the reports on reception are.

2. draz macrumors 6502a

Many people have found to have a much better reception when roaming in Canada on the 2 networks we have here when using an iPhone 4... Bell/Telus and Rogers

Death grip was almost non-existent while that same phone had tons of probs on AT&T with death grip. But we will see what happens when the iPhone 4 is released in Canada in the coming weeks (hopes for a real date tomorrow!)

3. acssprez1 macrumors newbie

My 2 cents

I recently bought two iP4's for myself and my GF. Im currently deployed here in Kyrgyzstan (KG) with the USAF. One of the phones I purchased came from the US under my AT&T account. Under roaming here, the reception is great and I have had no problems whatsoever with the deathgrip issue. The other phone I bought out of the UK and it is officially unlocked. Again, here in KG land there is no reception or deathgrip issues with it either. Both phones have performed flawlessly with full bars, and as advertised. I couldn't be more pleased :) We shall see how they operate in September when I return home to the states! :rolleyes:

4. zizo79 macrumors 6502a

zizo79

I was actually in Montreal last week with my iPhone 4 and the reception was great..