Other than salad and soup, what is your favorite appetizer?

agkm800

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 18, 2009
Or, what are your favorite appetizers especially when you go out to eat?

bradl

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2008
Have to agree with something wrapped in bacon. Pan fried scallops are a perfect combination with it, with a bit of garlic infused extra virgin olive oil, either with some sliced green onion, parsely, or green or white asparagus.

Stuffed mushrooms work well too. Prosciutto wrapped mozarella makes a good appetizer as well.

BL.

toolbox

macrumors 68020
Oct 6, 2007
Australia (WA)
Normally i don't have appetisers when i go out, i will have a couple of beers whilst waiting for food. But if we go to a chinese place then defiantly spring rolls

mysterytramp

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2008
Maryland
A restaurant near us used to make "tomato bread":

Flat bread, about 6 inches across
Very thinly sliced tomato
Sprinkle of minced garlic, not too much
Parmesan cheese
Drizzle of olive oil

You can make it at home, but I'm having a hard time finding the right flat bread.

mt

quagmire

macrumors 603
Apr 19, 2004
Shrimp Cocktail
Calamari

Calamari shocks even me and my parents. I don't have a wide palette so fried squid shocks me that I love it so much.

Psycdude

macrumors member
Dec 10, 2008
Chicken/Beef Satay from an authentic Thai restaurant where they make the peanut sauce right. I first had this on a trip to Thailand many years ago, and cannot get enough of it since.
I remember eating so much of this when I was there, that my sister and I would make little buildings out of the wooden sticks the meat is skewered on.