Other useful Mail apps

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by CatherineVeraGat, Jul 3, 2017.

1. CatherineVeraGat, Jul 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2017

CatherineVeraGat Suspended

What kind of other mail app(s) do you use that replace the Apple pre-installed app on your iPhone?

2. fifiandfootsie macrumors newbie

fifiandfootsie

Definitely use Gmail. Its the best

3. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

4. CatherineVeraGat thread starter Suspended

5. parkjisung macrumors newbie

parkjisung

Dispatch is brilliant for actions with other apps.

6. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

You're welcome for the links.

7. swwack91 macrumors 6502a

I second the idea of searching the forums before starting a new thread

However, since you're here, Airmail is my favorite. It's beautifully designed, feature rich, and is actively being developed for more improvements.

It's also worth noting the Airmail support staff is very friendly and helpful. They've helped me identify several bugs and have fixed them with following releases.

8. Jmgilliam18, Jul 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2017

Jmgilliam18 macrumors member

Jmgilliam18

Insert beating a dead horse Emoji here

Sorry couldn't help it. This is probably the most asked topic. I've had different feature questions myself about different programs. Search and you will find the features that match your needs. For instance, I like the iOS Mail but it doesn't push from gmail or apps so I use something else.

For me, Email by Easilydo is top notch.

9. ksmith80209 macrumors 6502a

Agree that EasilyDo is a great app. The only thing keeping it from being my go-to email app is the lack of signature control. Unlike, say Spark, I can only associate one signature with an account. That means if I have two aliases (or even just a formal and less formal signature) I'm out of luck. Once/if EasilyDo changes this — it will be my one and only app.

10. eclipse macrumors 6502a

eclipse

Can all my emails and mailboxes and accounts be easily migrated to new apps? Are all email apps compatible for migration, or are there some to avoid? I've found mail to be buggy, and am thinking of Thunderbird now that they have a new home. Either that, or Airmail seems to get a lot of raves. But I don't want to do it if it's going to take an enormous amount of compatibility work with address books and ios and other compatibility issues I haven't even thought of.

11. pacorob macrumors 68000

pacorob

Most of them (e.g. Outlook, Gmail) can easily be opened in third party e-mail apps such as Spark, Airmail, Email by Easylido. It depends on the e-mail accounts you are using.