Ottawa, Canada - Got an MBP 17" Hi-Res? Want baked goods?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Abhorred, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Abhorred macrumors member

As I've mentioned in a few other threads, I'm currently in the process of deliberation between the various MBP models; I've spent time on the 15" and 17" standard resolution, but have yet to see the Hi-Res version. None of the local stores seem to have one, and as this is my first Mac, I'm not exactly connected to the local scene. Unfortunately, driving to Montreal to see it isn't really an option, either.

If anyone has one and wouldn't mind letting me try it for a few minutes at a coffee shop or some such place, my girlfriend has promised to bake you some cookies.

Note: I am serious.

2. Insulin Junkie macrumors 65816

Insulin Junkie

Whoever lets the OP try his or her MBP... post here and let me know how the cookies tasted :cool:

3. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

While I can't exactly help you out in the way you requested, I can say I've used a HR, and it's possibly the best display I've ever seen. I would advise anyone going for a 17" MBP to grab the matte HR. ;)

4. Abhorred thread starter macrumors member

She's promising a particularly good batch, and her others have been delectable. She'd better make extras.

And I can only imagine that the HR is a glorious screen - my concern is how visible everything is on it when it's a foot or two away on a desk, serving as the smaller monitor next to a 27" LCD. My eyesight is good, but not the 20/20 it used to be... Heh, it's actually applicable here to say that my hindsight really was 20/20.

So, yeah, hopefully someone can help out and get fatter for it.