otter box tearin up aluminum on the side of the phone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sotorious, Jul 25, 2011.

1. sotorious macrumors 6502a

Is this normal that sort of sucks that its doing that.

2. drpellypo macrumors 6502

3. sotorious thread starter macrumors 6502a

thats wacky if i known i would have not even put a case on it and let it get torn up to natural exposure. This is going to suck when i have to re sell it.

4. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I had a bumper on mine and went about nine months without a scratch. One month I got lazy and didn't take the bumper off every few days to clean the dust out and that's how it got scratched. Dust got caught between the bumper and the phone and caused the scratches.

I still have the brand new in box apple free bumper that everyone got last summer and without a doubt it would end up scratching as well.

In all previous phone models, I always had cases on them as well and no matter what case I used, the chrome bezels would always scratch as well, probably due to dust and dirt as well.

Pockets aren't clean no matter how much we wash our clothes. There is dust in the air everywhere.

5. sotorious thread starter macrumors 6502a

Its the aluminum that is getting messed up, feels like at the top its fading and at the side its like baby scratches. The glass is fine its just the sides.

6. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Yes, it's the same on my iPhone 4. The dust and dirt gets trapped in between the bumper and the phone and when the bumper presses up against the aluminum, it gets scratched. This is what has happened to your phone using your case.

7. grantsdale macrumors 6502a

Just one thing: Its stainless steel, not aluminum.

8. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Why would you have to resell it? Anyway, it's a device that you use every day, there's nothing that will keep it in perfect condition.

9. sotorious thread starter macrumors 6502a

yea but the way this thing is wearing is terrible. Ive only had it since April. Sell it cause i dont keep phones for to long.