OtterBox Defender vs. Griffin Survivor vs. Ballistic HC vs. Trident Kraken

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Austin M., Mar 1, 2011.

1. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

What's your opinions? My vote goes to the Griffin Survivor, OtterBox Defender 2nd, Trident Kraken 3rd and Ballistic HC 4th.

2. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

survivor then otter box i don't like the other two.

3. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Never tried Otterbox before. I never recommend them because of that (obviously) but I would have to go with the Survivor for sure.

4. Walse macrumors member

For ultimate protection, the survivor. Next will be the otterbox, then the kraken, lastly the ballistic HC.

5. Austin M. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

Th Survivor has way thicker silicone ridges, that's why it has the most protection.

6. grafixfreak macrumors newbie

Ballistic for sure!

I have a Ballistic case and it's a BEAST. I have dropped my phone SO many times (I'm very clumsy!) and every time it has survived without a scratch!

7. wildrage macrumors member

Honestly, it depends on what you're looking for. I only have experience withe the Defender, Survivor, and Kraken.

I think it comes between Otterbox and Survivor

Survivor definately has the most protection of the 2, but at the cost of functionality. Don't get it if you use the camera a lot. Also, if you have big hands (like me), it will probably be difficult for you to type letters on the edges. The survivor also has more protection for all of the ports.

I have both of them, but recently switched back to the Survivor because the flap near the dock connecter was really pissing me off on the Defender (wouldn't stay down), and the silicone was getting all loose.

If the Survivor could fix the camera flap issue, and maybe reduce the bulk of the silicone by 15-25%, I think it might be the perfect case.

8. donmontalvo macrumors newbie

donmontalvo

I'm at Walmart now. Why? Because while my Otterbox Defender for iPjone 3GS was awesome, their iPhone 4 case blows chunks. The case is constantly getting loose and the flaps never stay put. I have a Griffin Survivor in my hand. Definitely getting it...everyone is telling me to!

Don Montalvo, TX

9. Samian macrumors newbie

Survivor

I'm late to this but here's my two cents. The survivor is incredibly stout, it has to be because the belt clip is completely inadequate.
    On my third belt clip in less then six months. In fact the main reason the survivor is stout is to protect the phone when the clip breaks. Kind of frustrating.
    M:mad:

10. gokart mozart macrumors 6502

11. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Seidio Rugged. It actually makes the Otterbox look skinny.

12. mpossoff macrumors 68020

Can you use front and back power support screen?

13. JASApplications macrumors 65816

Survivor offers the most protection in my opinion.