Otterbox iPhone 5 case

Brounmoney

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 31, 2012
So for those of you that have the otterbox defender case could I get your help. I have had my case and phone for about a week and today I started to notice a rainbow effect on the screen protecter. I tried taking the case off an putting it back on, but it keeps happening. Does anyone know if there is so something that you can do to change that?

tymaster50

macrumors 68030
Oct 3, 2012
New Jersey
So for those of you that have the otterbox defender case could I get your help. I have had my case and phone for about a week and today I started to notice a rainbow effect on the screen protecter. I tried taking the case off an putting it back on, but it keeps happening. Does anyone know if there is so something that you can do to change that?
take your phone out, pop out the screen protector by pushing it forward, it pops right out and you can easily put it back in. If you don't know how to push it out, pretend your phone is behind there and just tap harder, don't worry it won't rip but your case might creak a little if you grab it from the sides

avanpelt

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
I have the Otterbox Defender on the iPhone 5 and I, too, have noticed the rainbow effect on the screen protector. It seems like skin oils might be the culprit, but I'm not sure.

I personally haven't noticed the rainbow effect interfering with the viewability of the screen. In fact, I only notice it when I look at the screen protector when the screen is off. I'd much rather have the Defender's built-in screen protector with a barely noticeable rainbow effect than to not have the screen protection at all.

ROLLTIDE1

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2012
take your phone out of the case and blow your phone with some canned air then apply some baby powder to your screen and the problem will go away

doc shivers

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2012
take the damn phone out of the case and throw that bulky POS in the trash bin. What's the point of having a sleek lightweight beautiful device and then hiding all of that in a huge ugly case.

Paulsan

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2007
Earth
They're called Newton Rings. Quit worrying about them. Leave your case on. Nobody gives a crap about your sleek phone if it doesn't work because you dropped it.

Brounmoney

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 31, 2012
Thanks for the help. I am going to keep the case on and see if it goes away.

nwmtnbiker

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2011
Fidalgo Island
I was using a Defender back on the iPhone 4 and ended up removing the built in screen protector and installing a Ghost Armor onto the phone. Was so much better!!!:cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.