Otterbox iPhone 5 case

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Brounmoney, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Brounmoney macrumors 6502

So for those of you that have the otterbox defender case could I get your help. I have had my case and phone for about a week and today I started to notice a rainbow effect on the screen protecter. I tried taking the case off an putting it back on, but it keeps happening. Does anyone know if there is so something that you can do to change that?

2. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

take your phone out, pop out the screen protector by pushing it forward, it pops right out and you can easily put it back in. If you don't know how to push it out, pretend your phone is behind there and just tap harder, don't worry it won't rip but your case might creak a little if you grab it from the sides

3. avanpelt macrumors 68030

I have the Otterbox Defender on the iPhone 5 and I, too, have noticed the rainbow effect on the screen protector. It seems like skin oils might be the culprit, but I'm not sure.

I personally haven't noticed the rainbow effect interfering with the viewability of the screen. In fact, I only notice it when I look at the screen protector when the screen is off. I'd much rather have the Defender's built-in screen protector with a barely noticeable rainbow effect than to not have the screen protection at all.

4. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

take your phone out of the case and blow your phone with some canned air then apply some baby powder to your screen and the problem will go away

5. doc shivers macrumors member

take the damn phone out of the case and throw that bulky POS in the trash bin. What's the point of having a sleek lightweight beautiful device and then hiding all of that in a huge ugly case.

6. Paulsan macrumors member

They're called Newton Rings. Quit worrying about them. Leave your case on. Nobody gives a crap about your sleek phone if it doesn't work because you dropped it.

7. Brounmoney thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the help. I am going to keep the case on and see if it goes away.

8. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

I was using a Defender back on the iPhone 4 and ended up removing the built in screen protector and installing a Ghost Armor onto the phone. Was so much better!!!:cool:

9. mateo124 macrumors regular