OtterBox iPhone 6 vs 7 & Lifeproof Nüüd on 7

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Trebuin, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Trebuin, Sep 16, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2016

Trebuin macrumors 65816

Trebuin

I'm sure I'm not the only one out there asking about the Otter Box changes so here is some info:

I usually cut out the plastic film on the otterbox and install either an HDX or Glass screen protector on the iPhone. I'm going from a 6 to a 7 and while there are some differences, they are minimal between the phone (shift in camera position, removal of audio jack, added speaker). With this in mind, I was hoping for a few options:

1) Use my old Otterbox...phone arrives in a few hours and I will try this
    2) Use the iPhone 7 Otterbox
    3) use the iPhone 6 Otterbox's front plastic on the iphone 7 Otterbox so I don't have to rip the plastic off the new Otterbox.
    With this option, I have learned that the new design has a plastic lip and a hook shifted that prevents the two from being interchanged. Reference the photo of the two aligned.

I'm likely going to go with option 2 as the otterbox's rubber bumper on the 6 has deformed through years of use, combat, & high desert temperatures (120F+).

Update:
    The otterbox and lifeproof Nuud built for the iPhone 6 and 6s WILL NOT fit. The camera reposition on the 7 prevents the cases from fully resting correctly and will not seal to assemble. Pics to come in a bit. Sorry all.

Attached Files:

2. Trebuin thread starter macrumors 65816

Trebuin

Updated to reflect the results of the life proof