Our Greatest Threat...

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Prof., Dec 12, 2007.

1. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

So uh... I was really bored one night while I was watching a re-run of 'The Daily Show with Jon Stewart' (damn writers strike) and Jon starting making fun of President Bush like he always does (very funny). So, I decided to look up Bush's approval rating on the internet. After about five minutes of looking, I found it (it's like 39% or something, correct me if I'm wrong). Anyway, I started looking for more "Bush bashing stuff" and I came across a picture of Bush with the words "Our Greatest Threat" in military style writing slapped across the picture. Now, for some reason, I didn't save the picture but the picture of him was this one: (Sorry for the size)

*presidential picture*
    [​IMG]

My question to all of you who read this is.... Do you think that President Bush is our greatest threat?

Somedays I do, other days I don't.

Anyway, post your thoughts.

Prof. :apple:

2. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Bush wishes he had a 39% approval rating. Latest polls I've seen put it somewhere in the low 30s. Some outlier polls come up around the mid to upper 30s, and some other put his support below 30%. Averaging the polls puts it somewhere in the low to mid 30s.

IOW, very few people outside the die-hard GOP faithful support him.

3. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Besides the fact that he has launched an illegal war, invaded a sovereign country which posed no threat, caused the needless deaths of half a million people or more, torn up the Geneva Convention, abused human rights, disregarded vital global environmental issues in favour of a dishonest and unnecessary global crusade and a misguided and psychopathic dogma, played politics with the fate of continents for domestic gain, been devoid of vision but full of simplistic jingoism, set back world progress by twenty years and squandered any moral high ground won for "western civilisation" by the sacrifices of millions during WW2, he is utterly admirable.

4. Prof. thread starter macrumors 601

Prof.

5. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I like him like I like hitting my thumb with a large hammer.

6. Prof. thread starter macrumors 601

Prof.

LMAO!!!

Thanks, skunk. I needed that. That was the best description I have ever heard.

7. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

You forgot to mention that hyuk-hyuk-hyuk sound he makes when he laughs.

8. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I'd rather hit my thumb with a large hammer than endure another 4 years of the chimp.

9. Kashchei macrumors 65816

Kashchei

Well-put, Skunk! Your post should be required reading for some of our presidential candidates (it will help them to grow a spine)

10. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Aw come on... I thought you contractors were as tough as nails.

11. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

12. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Our greatest threat is not so much Bush, but the pervasive ignorance that causes the fool to be elected.

13. Prof. thread starter macrumors 601

Prof.

BRAVO!!!!

Well said, Thomas.

14. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

I didn't know that Skunk laughed like that. Explains a lot.

15. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I notice you're not defending the disaster in chief. Guess there is no defense. Or you just don't see the point. And that would have been funny if it made any sense, but it really didn't. Why start making sense now, I suppose.

16. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

17. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

Would that be a smooth face trim hammer or a serrated face framing hammer? :D

18. Cleverboy macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

Pocket Universe, nth Dimensional Complex Manifold
    The deterioration of the concept of civic responsibility and representative government is our greatest threat, but there could be no greater poster boy than Bush for undermining those concepts. How can you "win" a war to which virtually NO ONE in the country can define "victory" but of which the countries administration continues to proclaim "success". Who wants to give their lives for "success"? I would gladly have 1000 conversations on the meaning of the word "is", than entertain the thought that the current administration sees no worthwhile truth in fashioning goals based on absolute "victory" and relative "success". The day Bush declared a war on terror, I winced, and nodded assuming it to be a metaphor like the war on drugs. Then I saw this assumption bended beyond recognition as Bush began using this declaration as an umbrella for a pervasive aggression that collected "enemy combatants" that span the gamut of "highly suspect" to "might be a threat", but regardless... may never find their way out of our "war" prisons.

I think one of the reasons I like Barrack Obama's candidancy, is that if nothing else, I feel he embodies a sense of public engagement very much missing from the political landscape right now. Not fawning supplication, and bones thrown to massive religious organizations... but geniune engagement that makes people think they matter. Yes, the "president" is the "decider" G.W., but he's also the person that's supposed to bring us all together.

Our greatest threat to the United States, is fundamental APATHY in the process of government. Bush got into office because of the people that sat on their hands and let others vote for them.

~ CB