Out of 16GB iPhones, and not getting anymore in..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by drakeshipway, Mar 28, 2009.

1. drakeshipway macrumors 6502

drakeshipway

Fido (the phone company in Canada that sells iPhones) is out of 16GB iPhones and has said that they will not be getting anymore in [because of a new iPhone in June most likely.]

2. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

Yeah. The local AT&T store is out of white iPhones, as well (in southern California).

The UK is out of 16GB, or will be soon.

3. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

AT&T's web site said they were out of 16GB Black's yesterday at about 1pm EST, but has changed today... Who knows. I'm betting stock shipments are becoming inconsistent.

4. Craiger macrumors 6502a

Craiger

hmm.. Its off subject completely, but I still haven't seen a white iphone out in the wild! I have seen tons of them on campus and not one is white.

5. andrew upstairs macrumors 6502

Oddly enough, I've never seen a black one in the wild. All of my friends have 1Gs or white ones.

6. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

I've seen every one going in the wild, go me :)

On a similarish note the Carphone Warehouse next door to where I work hasn't had any iPhones since Christmas, the big iPhone display's still there, just permanently with an out of stock sign.

7. Tokiopop macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

But 8GBs are still in stock?

So basically, 16GBs are being discontinued?

8. andrew upstairs macrumors 6502

All 3Gs are being discontinued.

Either the 16GBs sell better, or less are made available.

9. =MuLti-CeLL= macrumors 6502a

=MuLti-CeLL=

Wow already?!

This is about week old news, but the articles said they would stop shipping in new ones at the beginning of April, guess it's close enough! :D

Cool, just another sign...

10. macwh0re macrumors member

I work @ a busier at&t store, and have been watching the inventory for iPhones for quite some time. 16 gigs have always been sparse. Average is about 10-15 total 16 gigs. We always have at least 2-3 times more 8 gigs. However the past couple weeks, this one especially, we have about 50 8 gigs, while about 5-6 16 gigs.
    Unfortunately, at&t doesn't let us track our trending iPhone sales or days on hand, because that could be very useful in this kind of situation. Of course they let us for every other phone :)

11. Animalk macrumors 6502

Fido better not take its sweet time getting the new model. They will have a very impatient customer in me.

12. mrrish macrumors regular

mrrish

My impression is that there will be more in stock--later. They are measuring overall consumption rates and iPhone demand (by dwindling quantities), and will make production of all units tighter until the release to avoid product waste on iPhone 3 launch day.

13. shvartsies macrumors regular

possibly the introduction of a 32gb 3g?
    I doubt they would start to discontinue in preparation for a june release right now, and i doubt a new iphone will be released before june.

they are probably only going to give one option for the 3g, 32gb.

14. wbeasley macrumors regular

wbeasley

Which crystal ball are you using?

based on facts or "feelings"?

there is no way there will not be a cheap, low memory version of some sort. 32g is excessive for many people and more expensive to manufacture.

there may be no more 8 gig models but there will be maybe 16 gig at the old 8 gig price point. it has HAPPENED many times before with ipods.

and maybe they got the stock levels wrong on 16 gig models. there is now way they would be winding down quantities if they have nothing until June to meet demands. buy one now if you want or be smart and wait a few more months for the new one :)