iPhone 11 Pro Out of curiosity, those who are getting the 11 Pro, are you going for the regular Pro or the Max?

MrEcted

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 21, 2011
I have an XS Max and I'm still trying to decide. While I really dig the size of the XS Max for some things, it's kind of unwieldy at times and it's not great for single-hand use. But the bigger screen really is nice for viewing content.

Decisions, decisions...

What are you going with?

ThisBougieLife

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2016
SF Bay Area, California
I haven't decided yet. I have the 8 Plus and it was my first "phablet". But I've often found the large size to be inconvenient (doesn't fit in some pockets, falls out of others, isn't great for single-hand use as you say, etc.) I will have to see them in person before I make a decision.

MrEcted

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 21, 2011
I’m going Pro Max. I watch a lot of media, love the larger keyboard, the width for viewing videos, etc. I’m 100% used to the larger phone and portability is a non issue for me.
I've adapted to two-handed use mostly, but there are times when I wish it was a little smaller, however, I think if I go with the regular 11 Pro then I'll really miss the bigger screen. I'm about 75% sure I'll go with the Max as well.

eyeseeyou

macrumors 68040
Feb 4, 2011
I use the tele lens and would like the iphone 11 pro at the 256gb setting but the price jump from the 256gb 11 to the 256gb 11 pro is significant.

If the 11 had came with a regular wide and tele lens instead of a wide an ultra wide I would've gone with the 11 for sure.

I wonder if apple considers the tele lens functionality a "pro" feature.

Strelok

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2017
United States
Regular 11 Pro from 8 Plus. I'll see how I like the form factor and if I hate it I'll get the bigger one next year but I think it's gonna be great. 8 Plus was an OK size, the Note 9 I had was a bit too tall and with all newer phones being a ~2:1 aspect ratio I find the taller screens more of a hassle.

tnkrmdc

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2009
11 Pro... I cannot see carrying the the Max in my pocket. I love the form factor of the iPhone X.

SRLMJ23

Contributor
Jul 11, 2008
Central New York
Upgrading from a XS, and going with the iPhone 11 Pro Max for the larger display, longer battery life, camera system (I know the camera system is the same on both the Pros) etc!

Really it was the size, battery, and cameras system(s) that were the major selling points.

:apple:

unclefarkus

macrumors member
May 13, 2015
I replaced my X with the Max last year and ended up trading with my sister for her X a few months later. I downgraded lol. I was always a member of the Plus club too but honestly have just gotten tired of having an enormous phone in my pocket or in my hand when I'm out and about trying to get things done. I have a OnePlus 7 Pro that is a monster of a phone that I keep around my home office for media and times when having a larger device is nice.

adam1080

macrumors regular
Mar 29, 2012
I had a number of the plus size phones and loved them. Got the X and loved having the smaller form factor but hated not having the 16:9 ratio for landscape use. I no longer ever use the phone in landscape orientation because of the terrible ratio. It it just too narrow to be useful. A slightly bigger screen doesn't change that useless ratio for consumption. The notch also irritates for any media that benefits from the different ratio. Using the Max day to day has no appeal to me. Non-max ftw

Reactions: MrEcted

terminator-jq

macrumors 6502
Nov 25, 2012
Pro Max day 1 for me! I’m coming from an iPhone X. I debated back and forth for a while but the Max won me over. Here’s the main reasons why:

1. The 11s have some cool new features but in all honesty, my iPhone X is still pretty darn good. Going to the 11 Max makes it feel like more of an upgrade since I’m getting a screen size jump along with the new features.

2. I have big hands and typing on the X was sometimes uncomfortable. Thumbs bumping against each other has become an annoyance so I’m looking forward to having more screen real estate.

3. For travel, the larger screen on the Max will be much nicer for watching movies on a plane. I also get to enjoy that new 1200 nit display in larger form.

4. Again for travel, the main biggest feature for this years phones is the camera(s) and having a larger screen means a bigger viewfinder for lining up some great shots.

mpshah27

macrumors member
Nov 7, 2016
I've always had this dilemma ( I know I know #firstworldproblems ). Was a plus user till the X came out, loved the form factor of the X and moved to the XS on launch day. But I always thought the XS Max was a little superior in terms of extra RAM and display, so 6 months in moved to the XS Max. Gotta say that extra screen real estate is amazing for media, typing, etc but man does that pinky finger take a hit everyday. Having said that I've got a 11 Pro Max on pre-order, so I'll give it a week and decide whether or not to go back to iPhone 11 Pro.

Reactions: MrEcted