Out-of-Warranty But Cracked Case..Again..

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by vexious, Dec 23, 2008.

1. vexious macrumors member

Well my macbook is starting to crack again on the top below the keyboard... It did the same thing 3 months ago and they said it was a defect with how the lid closes on the case.. They replaced it however it doing it again and now my warranty out.. Do you guys think they will still replace it since it is a manufactures defect and was once replaced while in warranty (and the problem obviously wasn't corrected)?

2. ftaok macrumors 603

ftaok

It couldn't hurt to ask Apple. They should have a history of all the service done on your MB.

I think they should cover the repair work out of warranty as it's widely known that the cracking palmrests are an issue.

I think ultimately, they'll have to employ an extended warranty plan on all of these whiteMBs, similar to what they did with the old iBook logic boards.

I suspect that the cracking palmrest is one of the reasons they're going to the aluminum unibody.

ft

3. youssefm macrumors 6502

i think they'll replace it for free, even if you're out of warranty.. good luck

4. PeterQC macrumors 6502a

PeterQC

I've heard it's a known defect and they'll repair it free of charge even out of warranty.