out of warranty iPhone 3GS taking to store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ansabakhan, Nov 1, 2011.

1. ansabakhan macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

i have a old 3gs , which wont turn on. i want to use it if i can ... its for sure out of warranty .. it i take it to apple store would any one know how much would it cost to get it fixed out of warranty ?

2. ap3604 macrumors 68000

I'm curious about this as well since the 3Gs is free now on contract.

Anyone have experience with this and exchanging a busted 3Gs / 4 + cash, for a refurbished one at the store recently?

If I had to guess though I would guess its $99 + giving them your busted 3Gs for a working refurbished one.

3. ansabakhan thread starter macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

$199 is for out of warranty iPhone 4 that i know for any size... but i want to know if any one exchanged iPhone 3gs recently which was out of warranty

4. deeddawg macrumors 604

5. ansabakhan thread starter macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

do they just service your iphone or they give your a refurb one right there in the store ?

6. r2shyyou macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

In my experience, that depends on the Genius that you deal with. I had an issue with an out of warranty 3GS and the Genius I dealt with serviced it and handed it back to me with my issue fixed and I didn't have to pay a dime.

7. ansabakhan thread starter macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

ohh wow ...that even works ! .. i guess ill take it in and try my luck ...

8. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Make an appointment anyway. The worst you can get is a no. And if that does happen, try again later/at another Apple store.

9. jekyoo macrumors 6502

Every time you make an appointment to see a Genius, a case # is made. Trying it at multiple stores or later won't make a difference because the other stores will see the case report from the previous appointments. So if you get a no, it'll be in the system saying no and why.

10. Obscurelight macrumors 6502

Whenever I visit the genius bar I get quoted that I need to pay for a replacement. Whenever I send my girlfriend in my place she gets a replacement no questions asked less than 15 minutes after the genius starts taking a look at it. :rolleyes: Whenever I go it's my fault whenever she goes it's manufacturing defect -_-....

11. ap3604 macrumors 68000

A simple question will explain this mystery:

Is she hot? ;)