Out of Warranty iPhone in Reboot cycle

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by gavinsdaddy1912, Jan 2, 2010.

1. gavinsdaddy1912 macrumors newbie

Ok. First off, my iPhone has been out of warranty since Sept. I recently had my phone jailbroken, and I went to Recover. It recovered succesfully, but after it was done, it just sits at the white apple logo for a while and then restarts continually if it is in the dock. If I am holding it, it goes to the WAOD, and then eventually gets a spinning icon on top of the apple and then eventually restarts. I have gotten it to the lockscreen 3-4 times but shortly after it gets there it freezes on the LS. I have hard reset it many times, I have recovered 3-4 times with the same result, and i attempted to use the iRecovery tool for Windows but it screws up my system. I obviously can't take it back, and don't have the money to buy a new one. Any ideas? :confused:

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Maybe try the irecovery tool on a different computer.
    Did you try DFU restore?

3. gavinsdaddy1912 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. gavinsdaddy1912 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok i managed to get it up once. did a full sync of my pics, music and apps. i thought everything was good, but upon hitting the lock button, my iPhone froze with the screen dimmed, and when i hard reset, i went back into the rollong restarts. I tried iRecovery on another computer and it didn't do anything. Any other ideas?

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

It might be a hardware issue.
    If you can get it restored again try not to sync it up with restore from backup. Setup as new iPhone.
    It might be something corrupt to your backup that maybe causing this.

6. gavinsdaddy1912 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok. So upon further exprimentation, it doesn't totally freeze. It goes dim and is locked into whatever program you are in. U can still do stuff in the program, but anything needing the main OS is gone. The only way to fix it is to hard reset, and then fiddle with it to bring it back up again. Any idea how to fix it?

7. gavinsdaddy1912 thread starter macrumors newbie

8. grantsdale macrumors 6502a

Set up as new. Don't sync in your old stuff.

Yeah, it might suck, but try it. If the phone works, its better than one that crashes, even if you have to put everything back.

9. gavinsdaddy1912 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok I set it up as new and it still is doing the same stuff. I guess I'm down to hardware now right?

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, bring it to Apple if you want it exchanged. Out of warranty will cost you $199 I believe but they should give you a refurb functioning unit.

11. kate-willbury macrumors 6502a

wonderful. had to bump this because this is EXACTLY what is happening with my iphone 3g now. it either keeps cycling reboots at the apple logo, or if it does actually boot into iOS, everything works just fine until the screen dims or you press the lock button. once you do, the screen dims and everything just freezes. what the hell.