Out of warranty repair

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by wct097, Aug 3, 2015.

1. wct097 macrumors 6502

So my mid-2012 15" has been having issues ever since I got the logic board replaced (at my cost, later refunded by Apple due to warranty extension for graphics card problems) with random shutdowns and freezes.

After a half dozen trips to the local repair shop, Apple issued me a "CS code" and had me bring it in once more. They ended up shipping it back to Apple where the techs were able to reproduce the problem. They ended up replacing the top case & battery, both fans, the heatsink, the magsafe board, and the audio board. When I heard it wasn't the logic board, I was expecting a bill to go along with the repair. Apparently Apple felt sorry for me and performed the out of warranty repair free of charge.

That certainly wasn't expected and was very much appreciated. Maybe now I can make it to Skylake without issues.

2. Cuniac macrumors 6502a

Nice, Apple can go out of their way from time to time to really show they care. I had an experience once that I wont go to much in to but after the trouble the local store caused me they really made it up to me.

3. wct097 thread starter macrumors 6502

Well.... scratch that. Repair doesn't seem to have solved my main problem where it would randomly lock up freeze for 45 seconds or so, then power off. Damn....