Out of warranty replacement or trade in?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sammydad1, May 10, 2017.

1. Sammydad1 macrumors regular

Sammydad1

So apple store guy agreed something seems to be draining my battery. He had no more idea than I did.

Out of warranty replacement is $299 or maybe I should look at a trade-in with att or best buy....

Hmmmmmm

2. PR1985 macrumors 6502a

If I were you, I would wait for iOS 10.3.2 Final. Apple checked my Watch and iPhone remotely everything is fine. I´ve got the feeling, sometimes, that my phone battery drains a bit to fast. Stopped using it with 80% if I recall it right. When I woke up, under 70% (iPhone 6) Have you got old apps installed?
    --- Post Merged, May 11, 2017 ---
    This is not a normal behavior, if you ask me. I have an iPhone 6 with its first battery.

3. Johnhimm macrumors regular

Have you removed all third party apps?

4. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

5. stevemiller macrumors 68000

My phone suddenly became almost unusable about a week ago. Started shutting down at 50% and refusing to turn back on without plugging in for 20 minutes and a hard reset (home +power).

Battery settings said the battery needed servicing, and a battery app reported the health was 60%. As much as I hated buying a new phone mid cycle, I also didn't want to mess around having it kick the bucket at an inopportune moment so I bit the bullet and replaced it.

plus I'm just accepting that unless the industry changes its practices, phones are being made to last 2-3 years so this is just an unavoidable expense.

6. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

Why wouldn't you just spend the $79 on a battery replacement?

7. stevemiller macrumors 68000

I live in Canada, the battery replacement here is $110 + tax. That's a lot for a 2.5 year old device that was struggling with daily tasks even before the battery issue came to a head.

And it's trade in value actually felt fair right now, and would likely go down when the next phone is announced.

Believe me I wasn't chuffed with any of the options. But at least it's dealt with now.