Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kbt1020

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 15, 2010
I have an iPhone 4 with a stuck power button. I have read many forum posts that Apple will likely replace these devices with a refurbished iPhone with the same model. The replacement cost right now is $149 for the iPhone 4. If I wait until the new iPhone (5, 6, SL, SLX or however you want to call it) is released and bring it to the store, what are the chances that Apple would replace it with a 4S, even if I offer them higher price? I don't mind going with $250-300 for it. I understand some of your kind advices to just cough out another 300 for an iPhone 5, but I am fine with just a 4S now. Has anyone ever done this with maybe a 3GS to a 4 or something similar? If I have repeated any forum post, please guide to to the right area. Please don't suggest paying 200 for an SIII either.

Thanks for your help

kbt1020

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 15, 2010
Not a chance.
They still have 3GS iphones in stock and tons of iphone 4 models.
Company policy is you receive the same model, color and same GB's of storage iphone.

That stinks to hear. I'll try crying on the spot to see if that will help :p. Thanks for the opinion though

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.