Output audio wirelessly via iMac

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dhokes, Jun 9, 2013.

1. dhokes macrumors regular

Is there anyway I can output the audio from my iPhone via my iMac speakers wirelessly?

2. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Can you clarify what you're trying to do? Is the source the iPhone and are you intending to use the iMac's speakers?

3. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Wouldn't it just be easier to play off your iMac or plug external speakers into the phone? You also may be able to accomplish this with AirPlay.

4. dhokes thread starter macrumors regular

Currently my iMac is connected to a set of speakers via the headphone jack.

Every now and then I'd like to be able to listen to podcasts that I've downloaded onto my iPhone with the iCatcher! app in my room.

However, instead of using the iPhone's small speakers, I'd like to be able to use the speakers connected to the iMac.

I know I can disconnect/connect the speakers directly to the iPhone every time I want to listen to something but if I could connect to them wirelessly, that would be great.

5. pogoyoyo macrumors regular

What you're looking for is reflector. This app can turn your Mac, essentially, into an Apple TV. You can mirror your whole phone screen, you can record the phone screen on the Mac, and you can enable sound-only mode.
    http://www.airsquirrels.com/reflector/

Enjoy!

6. dhokes thread starter macrumors regular

Ah, that looks like exactly what I need though unfortunately I have an iPhone 4.

7. pogoyoyo macrumors regular

worked with my 4 before i bought a 5.