Over a month later, who else still prefers to call iPhone X as iPhone Eks instead of iPhone Ten?

Are you Team iPhone Eks or Team iPhone Ten?

• iPhone Eks

Votes: 20 69.0%
  • iPhone Ten

Votes: 9 31.0%

• Total voters

Goldfrapp

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 31, 2005
macOS Ten sounds cool, but iPhone Ten, for some reason, just sounds so dull. Every time I have to say iPhone X (when calling Apple or my carrier or my friends), I prefer the sound of iPhone Eks. Sounds really badass and seXy. Even some reps at my carrier and even Apple have called it iPhone Eks. There's a much better ring to it, both marketing- and phonetics-wise.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bethanie21

Cergman

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2013
my tesla
I definitely think X sounds better, and I called it that for a while after it was announced. Lately I've noticed I now refer to it as ten though.

KingslayerG5

Suspended
Oct 16, 2017
Will read it as Ex and type it "an" X instead of "a" X. But tends to say it as Ten a little more as of late. Ex does sound cooler to say. And I mistakenly said OS Ex for years. X marks the spot and does sound more mysterious.

Either way you pronounce it is fine. Only OCD nerds who are Grammar Nazis might feel offended. X-Men fan? Xcited? Xstasy? Bo Derek fan in Perfect 10? Ten out of ten means the perfect score. I like the letter X and the number 10.

Doesn't matter what you call it. It's yours. I doubt the phone will get offended or care if you used racial slurs towards it. People name their cars whatever they want. Remember, Eleanor in both Gone In 60 Seconds films? How about Herbie and K.I.T.T.?

Surely, you can call iPhone X anything you want? Just don't call it, Shirley. ;)

DX sign. Suck it, haters!