OWC Mercury On-The-Go Pro vs. OWC Mercury Elite-AL Pro mini

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by CFoss, Jun 22, 2011.

1. CFoss macrumors 6502

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It looks like either one would do the job. I've used one of the On-the-Go drives with the clear plastic enclosure for over 3 years. It works flawlessly. Fast, quiet, reliable.

3. CFoss thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the quick response. On a side note, I have to commend you, as you're always one of the first to respond to a topic with helpful advice. So thank you for that too. :D

4. GGJstudios, Jun 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2011

GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I'm happy to help! By the way, I noticed your accidental duplicate thread that you wanted deleted. If you want a mod to delete a post or deal with any post that you have a concern about, you can click the report post icon [​IMG] on that post and send them a message. I already reported that one for you.

Also, you may want to check out Forum Rules:

5. CFoss thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks. I think my browser refreshed the page that posted the topic, thus two identical topics. Accident on my part. I never double post, unless there's a VERY good reason for it.

6. davidlv macrumors 65816

Another satisfied On-the-Go user here, 500 Seagate Momentus installed, fast quiet, and reliable so far (1 1/2 years). If you don't need the eSATA, the extra cost seems like the deciding factor.
    Your call, either will work fine. Even if you only need a smaller disk for your stated purpose, I would suggest getting the largest one you can afford, you can never have too much HD space.

7. bimmeracer macrumors regular

I am also trying to decide between these two HDs.
    Is there a significant difference between the two?
    Do they both have the same daisy chain capabilities?

Thanks

8. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Not significant. Enclosure, max capacity, connectors.
    Yes.