OWC Releases SSD Firmware Update - Promises to Resolve the Hibernation Issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Hellhammer, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Already discussed in this thread. It apparently is not the final fix users had hoped for.

2. kobyh15 macrumors 6502a

I believe Hellhammer is referring to an even newer firmware update than the one that was being discussed in the thread that you linked. They were talking about 360, whereas OWC apparently just released 400 (on drives shipped on or after last Friday the 18). Someone just referred to it on the same thread you linked about 30 minutes ago. I believe this is brand new information.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1057025&page=15

3. kobyh15 macrumors 6502a

Nevermind...sadly someone just updated and said that the firmware was indeed still 360 and it was current as of Saturday, March 19. Problems still persisted. I thought they had finally fixed it!

4. celina20 macrumors newbie

" Monday, March 21st, 2011 | Author: OWC Grant

So, you can get this new firmware update in one of two ways: "

So, the fw you download today is not the last. Just wait " one or two days "

Luis

5. Hellhammer thread starter Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

He is referring to the two ways of getting your SSD updated. First way is to use the installer (Windows only) and do it yourself. The second way is to send the SSD to OWC and they will update the firmware for you.

6. trigonometry macrumors 6502

trigonometry

That's good and all but what about the optimization tools they promised. That's what I'm waiting for before I hit the buy button.