Own a 4s, cousin came with Samsung Note some questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GadgetGeek407, Jul 21, 2012.

1. GadgetGeek407 macrumors 6502a

I have a 4s that I love, I use an apple tv and own a samsung tv. He made videos off his samsung note and they look absolutely amazing on his phone and on the computer and tv. the colors are so nice and look very accurate as opposed to my iphone 4s. The biggest thing was his videos he was able to do zoom in and out on the videos. I never noticed but we cant do that on the iphone can we? is the camera that much better on the note?

2. mcman77 macrumors 6502a

wow I never knew this.

3. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

Yup it sucks that we can't zoom in video, I'm sure it'll be a feature somewhere down the line (although there may already be a jb tweak for it).

Also, a Samsung tv and an Apple tv are not substitutes ;)

4. aztooh macrumors 6502a

Who said they are substitutes? They work in conjunction to bring media from your iPhone to the big screen.

5. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

I misread the OP :cool:

6. JAT macrumors 603

The zoom is all software. Some actual cameras can't do video zoom either. At least, early ones.

7. DodgeV83 macrumors 6502a

The iphone4S camera is significantly better than the Note camera. Even so, as someone already stated, any zooming done on the Note is all in software, meaning it's "digital zoom". No different than cropping the image in your photo viewer, the image becomes more pixelated and reduces in quality.

In short, video zooming on the Note does not actually get you closer to your subject, therefore digital zoom is considered useless by anyone serious about photography or who cares about quality.

That being said, if despite all this, you still want video zooming, I recommend doing it in post production in a video editing app like Splice. The quality will be the same, but it gives you the option of changing your mind incase you decide you don't want the video zoomed.

In the end, do a search in the AppStore for "Video zoom" and you'll find a bunch of apps that allow you to zoom while taking the video (I've used Top Camera for this), I just don't think it makes sense.