Owners of MBP and iPad 2 , how many of you...

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Nishimare, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Nishimare macrumors newbie

purchase another MBA 11" for yourself ? I am tempted to get a MBA 11" but it seems overlapping the iPad2 in term of portability and my current usage ( surfing , basic office editing , running some games etc on iPad )
    :D

2. jettie1767 macrumors 6502

Have an iPad 2 and bought the 11" MBA yesterday.

3. Hey Jude macrumors 6502a

Hey Jude

I ordered an 11" Air, but I might sell my iPad as I do think the Air makes the iPad a bit redundant. I will play with both for a few days before making a decision, though.

4. VMMan macrumors 6502a

I have a MBP 17" and iPad (1st gen). Its actually more fun using my 2011 MBA 11" but maybe because it's still a new device type for me.

5. glen e macrumors 68030

the two do not overlap at all - the ipad is for consuming content and the macair is for creating it...it's that simple - I don't know why we have so meany "us vs them" threads - the two peacefully coexist in my household. A pad is much nicer to read from on the couch or table than the mac air. But I need a mouse for serious work so the MBA works too.

6. Stangs55 macrumors 6502a

Stangs55

I'll be selling my 2010 MBP 15" and moving to the 13" MBA.

Desktop (Win 7) is still my main and does 99% of the heavy lifting. My iPad 2 fills the void away from the desk. And the MBA is for when the iPad 2 can't quite cut it.

7. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

8. h00ligan macrumors 68030

everyone has different needs and judgments.

Sounds like you're being judgmental

9. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

That's me.

20 Jul - MBA released :apple:
    22 Jul - My MBP's screen was broken :( :eek:
    22 Jul - Purchased by 2011 MBA 13" 256GB :D
    27 Jul - I connected to the MBP with a monitor, mouse & keyboard, webcam, speaker, mic, etc. to convert the MBP into a desktop for my mom :cool:

10. xkmxkmxlmx macrumors 6502a

xkmxkmxlmx

And every time the topic comes up you chime in with the same argument 'one is for creating one is for consuming', while I will stick to mine in that the MBA is not just for creating. I can easily read and look at pictures with it on my lap or night stand and it is PREFERRED for watching movies over the iPad.

So, I would say, while yes, they can in fact co-exist, they are still a bit redundant of each other depending on the user. And this user says, the iPad is pointless.

11. Stangs55 macrumors 6502a

Stangs55

It is, you won't get an argument from me. :D But it's nice for a technology guy who likes to enjoy the latest stuff.

12. Nishimare thread starter macrumors newbie

Perhaps i am too curious on any guys out there owning one MBP 13" , MBA 11" and iPad2. All the urge are coming from this sexy beast MBA 11" :p and usually in the home i will just use iPad for surfing on the bed or on the couch, for on the run iPad actually does the work for me ( surfing , checking and replying emails , some games and some basic office work ) also a plus point for ipad is i do not need to bring my charger along because it definitely have enough juice for me to last till end of the day ( i works on ipad around 7 hours daily ) . I dont think MBA could last me that long so to bring a charger along is a must. :confused:

13. bursthead macrumors 6502

bursthead

It's really hard to read pdf's on the mba.. I would love to toss my ipad, but not being able to read pdfs in full screen with similar sized font like the ipad. I cant see myself just going mba only...

14. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom