Owners of Penryn MBP 7.200 HDD some feedback please

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by blackeyed, Mar 18, 2008.

1. blackeyed macrumors newbie

Hi! Can those lucky people of you who already have their new Mbp with the internal 7.200 HDD please give some feedback on how their system "feels" overall? Heating, noise, battery, speed? Was it worth it?

Looking forward to your replies :)

2. andrewdale macrumors 6502a

Heat: I'm in class doing internet and Office and other random things, running at 113F/45C.

Noise: When the HDD is spinning up to retrieve data, I can stick my ear RIGHT on the left handrest and hear a little noise coming from it. That's it

Battery: I'm getting anywhere from 3.5 - 5.5 hours of battery life, depending on what I'm doing.

Speed: I love it. I haven't done any serious data retrieval, but it works great with everything it's gone through so far!

I've always preferred 7200rpm drives. Just seems to make more sense to me!

3. Czechmac macrumors regular

Agree with that, I can't hear it even when loading large amounts of data, temperature and battery life I cannot compare as this is my first MBP, but nothing seems out of order.

4. bcaslis macrumors 68020

I would agree with the above comments except noise and vibration. I have a penryn 2.6GHz 15" with the 200GB 7200 rpm drive (I've also had the same drive in a previous model). This one has more vibration and noise than a remember in the previous model. The noise is mostly a deep hum and I'm not 100% sure if it's the fans, drive, or both. But it is noisier than a previous 17" 2.4GHz I have the same drive.