OZZY Next Top Model-Disturbing Bullying Filmed and allowed to continue.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by LiveForever, May 15, 2008.

1. LiveForever macrumors 6502

Australia has a version of Next Top Model and its usually very watchable and entertaining.

However I have never seen TV sink so low or have been reviled so much by what I saw on last Tuesday's episode.

There is one very pretty, sensitive and intelligent girl who says she likes reading New Scientist who has been bullied from the start (unknown to the viewers until now).

They filmed her being hounded and cornered by three other girls and they had close ups as she started crying and appeared on the point of a major breakdown. It was heart wrenching. I couldn't believe it. It was so sickening to watch, especially if you think it s filmed knowingly by the shows producers.

The only punishment was to tell off the girls during the judging finale. No one was sent home for it.

This has caused outrage in Australia but the shows producers have not issued any meaning full statement and seem to be delighted in the publicity its generated for the show-in fact they used the incident to publicise the show.

I hope the show is severely punished as this was truly repulsive. I hope the girl can recover quickly too. She deserved better. Her parents must be horrified.

I won;t be watching anymore, its totally turned me, my girlfriend and all our friends off the show.

Link to one of the stories about it, it was gut wrenching to watch as she was trying to turn the other cheek. The producers should have stepped in, it was appaling.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/story/0,26278,23701555-10229,00.html

This is another of many articles

2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I hope the bullies receives some sort of abuse like that at some point in the future. I love it when things come around and bite people like that in the ass. Karma can suck, but I want it to suck in cases like this.

I don't follow the show, but I saw enough of it to know who the timid one is.

3. NewMacGirl macrumors regular

I saw that show too.

It was horrible.

Nothing is being done though which is a shame

4. bbbensen macrumors 6502

Thats horrible. Why would they do such a thing to her? She seems so sweat, innocent, and nice. Its horrible when people go so much out of their way just to hurt someone for no reason.

5. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

They all look nice and pretty but the simple fact is that most of them are bitches with there head jammed so far up there own arse it aint funny

6. marbles macrumors 68000

marbles

Of course they film it ...more ratings ....they ( tv guys in this type of show) are just hungry for ratings ...sad , disturbing ...but true ... ( scum imho)

well duh .... if they sent them home ....no show !! = no money !!

They will prolly come out and say (in a few weeks when all the publicity has died down) that they are so very sorry and will do everything in the future to make sure this kind of thing doesn't happen again (thus giving more publicity)

Throw away your telly mate !... it's all garbage anyway ;)

7. LiveForever thread starter macrumors 6502

My wife has it on so I watch it too. Well they are pretty girls. But this has so sickened me I refuse to watch it and I think my wifes over it now too. It's not that we are cutting our nose to spite our faces as this series is a total turn off after this happened. Speaking to people its totally put off viewers as we are not talking about girly bitching (which can be fun to watch I admit) but really cruel, psychological trauma. The change in that bright confident girl to an emotional wreck isn't pleasant to watch. The really sickening thing is that adults watched, filmed and seemed to encourage the whole thing.

I think they have over done it and there seems to be a real backlash with threats to boycott the sponsors and advertisers products.

I know I shouldn't say this but from my own experience girls are always way more cruel to other girls than boys are to other boys. They seem to take it to a totally different level than us simple males can think of.

If you watch all these reality shows (eg The Apprentice, I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of here, Top Model etc etc) groups of girls together always end up fighting one another and the blokes just relax, talk about sport have a few beers and get on fine.

This show is vile.