Padacs PowerCase for iPhone 4 First Impressions/Pics (BATTERY LIFE UPDATE: AWESOME!!)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Austin M., Feb 11, 2011.

1. Austin M., Feb 11, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2011

Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

Hey guys, got another first impression for you today, I will post a review soon here in a couple of days after I try out the battery case. Anyway, the Padacs PowerCase is an iPhone 4 that more than doubles the battery life (2200 mAh, 200 more than Mophie).

I am absolutely loving the design right now, it's nice and glossy and it's simple LED lights and ports are very easy to use. Even though it's a little bulky, that's the price you pay for more battery. Anyway awesome case, cannot wait to do some battery life tests. Here are some pics for the wandering eye.

BATTERY LIFE UPDATE; I TESTED OUT THE BATTERY LIFE ALL DAY TODAY, AND HERE IS HOW IT WENT. I CHARGED THE CASE TO MAXIMUM CAPACITY (4 LED LIGHTS) AND I LET MY PHONE COMPLETELY DRAIN TO 2%. I THEN CHARGED IT IN THE CASE FOR ABOUT AN HOUR AND GOT THE PHONE BACK UP TO 100% BATTERY. I THEN LET THE PHONE DIE TO ABOUT 50% AND CHARGED IT UP WITH THE REST OF THE CASES REMAINING BATTERY. IT CHARGED THE PHONE ABOUT 40% MORE (90% TOTAL BATTERY) UNTIL THE BATTERY DIED. SO, IF MY MATH IS CORRECT, THE PADACS POWERCASE WILL NOT ONLY CHARGE YOU PHONE FULL ONCE, BUT IT WILL ALSO CHARGE IT AGAIN ABOUT HALF WAY, WHICH IS A TON COMPARED TO THE JUICE PACK PLUS, WHICH PEOPLE HAVE SAID GOES FULL WAY AND ONLY ABOUT 10% EXTRA. VERY IMPRESSED AT THE BATTERY LIFE OF THIS THING, ALTHOUGH IT TAKES A COUPLE OF HOURS TO CHARGE UP THE CASE.

Pics:

Attached Files:

2. TEHi macrumors regular

By far one of the best looking battery cases in the market.

waiting for the battery life test...

3. Austin M. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

You will have one soon, and yes the design is very simplistic. After looking around for a little while, I couldn't find a battery case that had 2200 mAh, only 2000, and they were all 70-90 dollars! This is only $59.95!

4. JASApplications macrumors 65816

5. Austin M. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

Yes it is very sleek, on of the best battery cases, I will have a full review posted here late today or early tomorrow.

6. Austin M. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

Battery life update; i tested out the battery life all day today, and here is how it went. I charged the case to maximum capacity (4 led lights) and i let my phone completely drain to 2%. I then charged it in the case for about an hour and got the phone back up to 100% battery. I then let the phone die to about 50% and charged it up with the rest of the cases remaining battery. It charged the phone about 40% more (90% total battery) until the battery died. So, if my math is correct, the padacs powercase will not only charge you phone full once, but it will also charge it again about half way, which is a ton compared to the juice pack plus, which people have said goes full way and only about 10% extra. Very impressed at the battery life of this thing, although it takes a couple of hours to charge up the case.