Pages, Numbers, and Keynote now free with new MBA

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by AXs, Oct 23, 2013.

1. AXs macrumors 6502a

AXs

I just checked and if you get a Haswell MBA it now comes with Mavericks and also includes Pages, Numbers and Keynote for free.

That's great on Apple's part but it really upsets at the same time as an owner Haswell Air before Mavericks' release.

Just checked the store, not free either.

Sigh.

2. fenderbass146 macrumors 65816

fenderbass146

Tough :(

3. AXs thread starter macrumors 6502a

AXs

I bought Microsoft Office for Business and that cost me $250 here.

Now I'm thinking maybe if these default apps came with my Air that money could have been used for better things.

Like world domination.

4. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Your are in a better place with MS Office. The new iWorks is really dumbed down and will not be useful to anyone that needs a serious business app package.

5. coldjeanzzz macrumors 6502a

It's free for anyone, just download the trial version (on Mavericks) and upgrade through the app store. If Apple was really concerned about this it wouldn't be this easy to obtain the software, as far as I'm concerned it's freeware now.

6. DisplacedMic macrumors 65816

i haven't played with the new iWork yet but i think you're still better off...
    not sure what kind of work you do but none of them are viable replacements to office for me (unfortunately)

i am very happy they are finally working on it though - hopefully they are moving towards ousting office... but iwork just isn't ready for primetime and i suspect that while this update has been a step in the right direction that statement remains true.

i think being upset about it is the wrong attitude though... being an "early adopter" has its pros and cons. they have to make the cut-off somewhere, not sure we are entitled to free software in October because we bought a computer in June.

7. Ronnoco, Oct 23, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2013

Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

Where are you seeing a "trial version"?

EDIT: Nevermind

8. shoppy macrumors 6502a

I just updated my air and it prompted me saying that iWork's was available to download I just had to sign in and accept it. I brought this in Sept 14th.