Paid in full, what does your credit card account look like?

DrSayre

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 19, 2016
Hey guys, I order a T-mobile X, paid in full. I didnt get an email saying there was a problem, so I think that's good, but I do have a charge for a dollar and a charge for -1 dollar. Does this match anybody else?

The reason I ask is I wasnt sure if my account had my Credit Card updated. The last 4 digits are the same, but the expiration month and year is different, so Im not sure if it was right or wrong. Either way, I would think by now I would have gotten something from Apple if my card was declined.

Wreckus

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2015
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Hey guys, I order a T-mobile X, paid in full. I didnt get an email saying there was a problem, so I think that's good, but I do have a charge for a dollar and a charge for -1 dollar. Does this match anybody else?

The reason I ask is I wasnt sure if my account had my Credit Card updated. The last 4 digits are the same, but the expiration month and year is different, so Im not sure if it was right or wrong. Either way, I would think by now I would have gotten something from Apple if my card was declined.
May be wrong but I think dollar & -1 is a check from Apple to make sure the credit card is legit and have funds available.

Could be wrong though.

Last edited:

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
That is correct, it’s just to verify the card. You’ll be charged when it’s close to shipping time.

Mine was charged this morning, and the phone will be here on the 3rd.

DrSayre

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 19, 2016
Thanks, that's what I was hoping/thinking... sounds like everything is normal then!

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012

Silver, and very shiny...

pasadena

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2012
Seattle, WA
I have a pending charge for "Oct27 APPLE ONLINE STORE". The full amount will be charged when it gets ready for shipping (my order was Nov 10-17 and got bumped to Nov 3rd), which I expect will be on Sunday or Monday.

Dave245

macrumors 604
Sep 15, 2013
My card hasn’t been charged anything, but I didn’t use a credit card I used my direct debit/bank card, not sure if that makes a difference to us in the U.K

shahrezsyed

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2011
Stony Brook, New York
Question: if my card is declined, will I get a chance to update my payment info or will my order be cancelled? I tried changing it via the online chat but they told me I can only do that over the phone and I’ve been unable to get on the phone with anyone all day.

Reactions: jiehanzheng

MacTea

macrumors member
Apr 11, 2014
Question: if my card is declined, will I get a chance to update my payment info or will my order be cancelled? I tried changing it via the online chat but they told me I can only do that over the phone and I’ve been unable to get on the phone with anyone all day.

You can update the payment info on the order status site. I got a fraud alert but was able to reprocess the charge online.

pasadena

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2012
Seattle, WA
I have a pending charge for "Oct27 APPLE ONLINE STORE". The full amount will be charged when it gets ready for shipping (my order was Nov 10-17 and got bumped to Nov 3rd), which I expect will be on Sunday or Monday.
My Amex was charged yesterday, and the order is preparing to ship. The charge is pending.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
You probably want to cut that off before it is declined. They charge you when it ships, so that could delay your order. If you a worried it may be declined, call now.

adam1080

macrumors regular
Mar 29, 2012
My amex was charged(still pending though) at 12:05am launch day. UPS tracking number shows the phone is on the move.

The interesting(and nice) thing is, shipping through apple defaulted to my home address, but since I will be out of town (in a different state), I changed my shipping address through Apple, which immediately charged me $1.73 to my card for a difference in tax between locations.

With the UPS showing my destination as the location I will actually be on November 3rd, I am quite happy.