Pakistan! The New Battleground!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rasmasyean, Sep 23, 2008.

1. rasmasyean macrumors 6502a

The gloves are off in Pakistan

More WAR!!! :D

Also, US troops making a base in Pakistan. What do you think they are secretly transporting into the area?

2. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Wonder if Bush realizes that there's a new sheriff in Dodge -- er, Islamabad.

This has the potential to get ugly.

Anybody for fighting a war on three fronts?? :eek:

3. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

We're already fighting in at least three: Iraq, Afghanistan, and Somalia, not to mention other operations in north Africa.

We're also already engaged in covert operations in Iran and not so covert operations in Pakistan.

Let's call it six.

4. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

All this and the tallest man in Pakistan "Osama" cant be found.:rolleyes: I can only wonder what blunder Bush will do this time.

5. rasmasyean thread starter macrumors 6502a

That dude is dead, man. If he wasn't he woulda showed is face in "indisputable recent video". But he never did for like 7 years. That would be much more effective in rallying troops to his cause.

6. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

Why the :D?

Do you find people being blown to pieces amusing?

7. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

If so George would be beating his chest but he isnt.

8. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Hell, I hate to say it - but the US should just get out of there fast...leave Afghanistan and Iraq - and let the stability issues fall to the regional powers in the region. Then the US could offer financial and logistical aid.

Pakistan is unstable and dangerous, no doubt. Nevertheless, India, China, Iran and Saudi Arabia (to name a few) have definite interests in stabilizing the region - so let them. They can bear the cost and bring to bear a certain amount of legitimacy to the situation that the US cannot.

Both Afghanistan and Iraq are unwinnable scenarios. I have yet to see an example in history where a superior (outside) military force have defeated an local insurgency. As I believe Kissinger said (about Vietnam iirc) " If the US doesn't win, it loses...if the insurgents don't lose, they win."

Terrorism (or rather the causes, greivances and organizations behind them) have only been pacified by one means - incorporation into the legitimate political system. Locals are better positioned for that to happen - without the incendiary meddling of the US.

9. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

rasmasyean appears to be MR's new resident warmonger. Lest you forget, it was he that attempted to escalate the Olympic medal count incident into a global thermonuclear war.

10. rasmasyean thread starter macrumors 6502a

Why of course! Just like everyone else! Why do you think action movies and video games are such a hit! ;)

11. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

I find it pathetic that you can make light of something so horrific.

12. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

BBC News

Once again, through its actions, the Bush administration proves itself to be the terrorists most effective recruitment sergeant. Afghanistan and Iraq are a lost cause, and now Pakistan is now teetering on the brink.

Congratulations, George & co., your "War on of Terror" has been a rapturous success.

13. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

From the OP link :

"In the crucial few weeks before the US presidential elections there is nothing the George W Bush administration would like more than a real smoking gun to justify the long years of its "war on terror". The soldiers now based Tarbella are on the trail. But so are the militants."

This is the "October Surprise".

14. rasmasyean thread starter macrumors 6502a

What are you talking about? You know that Iraq is stabilizing and can’t even figure out how to spend their money from oil riches. Afghanistan has been being rebuilt as well, amidst hiding guerillas shooting at the construction teams.

As for Iraq, this year they accounted for more than 1/3 of the USA foreign defense sales (out of ALL foreign nations!). Just wait till the F-16 orders are approved… They have so much oil that it’s been overwhelming for them to figure out how to use it to rebuild after decades of being left in the dark ages. They are going to play a big part it getting your country out of recession and furthermore, you better start considering them your “brothers”. When they build up arms developed by the assistance of YOUR tax dollars, they will want to settle some scores with Iran. As an ally to your brothers, they are also your brothers. Before long you will be eating the finest kebabs on vacations to enlighten yourself in “The Great Mesopotamia”.

This fantastic country of resource wealth is but the finest jump point into Iran. Afghanistan, Pakistan, no coincidence that they are surrounding you know who? Just face it, it doesn’t take that much stretch of imagination. These are some incremental jump points toward Iran and North Korea. They will never be “lost causes” until your country collapses. You just haven’t updated you “War and Conquest Manual” since WWII. ;)

15. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

I'll tell you how successful our clusterf*ck in Iraq has been in about 200 years. Probably longer.

:confused: