Pakistani who aided US find Bin Laden convicted of treason.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mcrain, May 23, 2012.

1. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Allies?

2. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

You have none. No one does.

Just strange bedfellows.

3. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Theres really not much to say about it, these people are not our allies. We should be done with this region completely, drop all funding to these regimes and double security efforts on US soil.

4. Heilage macrumors 68030

Heilage

If you ask me, this is Pakistan showing their true colors.

I think "healthy sceptisism" is the way to move forward. But for the love of God, please don't bomb them or anything. The rest of us are really tired of that stuff.

5. shinobi-81, May 23, 2012
    Last edited: May 23, 2012

shinobi-81 macrumors 6502

There is more truth in this than many people are aware of, and particularly in and around Afghanistan where the different factions stab each other in the back all the time. It looks quite absurd from the outside.

I'm not surprised that a "tribal court" in Khyber considered it treason to kill Osama bin Laden. They're probably a bunch of semi-literate cavemen too, just like ObL.

Oh, and as for the Americans, they could just as well have sent all that funding straight up the Khyber (pun intended).

6. Happybunny macrumors 68000

7. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

We should have found a way to extract him and his family( if he had any) knowing this would probably be his fate......

I think we are only "allies" with Pakistan so we can keep an eye on them since they are a nuclear power......

8. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Re: the doctor, WTF?

Re: Afghanistan: Fine, we are not wanted by the people so we should leave... and hold the people responsible for any actions taking against the US in the future.

Re: Pakistan: Well, we can always support India more, and this should be made abundantly clear to the Pakistani's.

9. 184550 Guest

It's very unfortunate that the US government wasn't able to do more to help the doctor.

10. citizenzen macrumors 65816

The doctor was working for the CIA.

Why didn't they get him and his family out of the country after Bin Laden was killed?

Seems like he was abandoned.

11. mcrain thread starter macrumors 68000

mcrain

Supposedly, Pakistan was trying to find Bin Laden as well; not to mention, they claim to have had no knowledge of his whereabouts. If that's the case, how could the CIA have been expected to predict this outcome. My guess is the Dr. didn't think he's be a traitor for doing what he thought his government was trying to do.

12. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Surely somebody could have predicted the possibility of retaliation against this man.

13. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

American officials were under the impression we were being helped by Pakistan to find bin laden. This clearly wasn't the case and one could go as far to say they likely knew where he was and didn't want to do anything because we were funneling money in like retards to find him.

14. Happybunny macrumors 68000

It certainly sends a message to people in that part of the world, never help the USA

15. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

Yes someone who writes poetry is fond of books about De Gaulle and Montgomery,is a fan of Arsenal football club,attended an elite secular university where he studied economics and business studies and who also holds a degree in civil engineering,sounds like a semi-literate cave dweller to me as well.

16. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Maybe he waved that choice, wanting instead to help his countrymen.

I know some Americans might find that one hard to swallow.

Yes, the result of duplicity on Pakistan's part, but the U.S. could not very well admit to the World that his life might be in peril. That would destroy the illusion that they both worked so hard to maintain.

Well, that is all shot to Hell now, isn't it.

UP INDIA. ;)

17. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

The Pakistanis are also holding our supply routes out of Afghanistan hostage for a couple of billion. The billion we throw away there for this is crazy.

Obama should tell them to get in line or we ask India to join NATO. That should have them **** themselves.

18. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

What a CROCK! Pakistan- playing both sides against the middle for their own advantage.

19. 184550 Guest

That's why it's hard to judge this development. We don't have all the facts. If we'd (collective) forced him to leave, then some here would be screaming 'Rendition!'.

20. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

:confused:

Oh.

21. 184550 Guest

Perhaps I should have added the 'Extraordinary'. :p