Palestine disappeared because they did not control their own borders

mudslag

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2010
No, aaronvan meant that Israel was not a "powerful aggressive nation" in 1948. It was pretty clear from his words. And yes, it was Transjordan, Egypt, Syria and Iraq who sent expeditionary forces that attacked the Israeli army.

1948 didn't come up til post #18 and so no it wasn't pretty clear. Nor does that change that Israel has become a powerhouse of a country since then and they have continued to grab land as they see fit against a group that has practically no power to stop them.

mudslag

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2010
As per OP #18 and the relevant posts, what you just did there is called a fudge.

Post #18 was the first time 1948 was mentioned. At no point prior to that post did the OP suggest that the discussion was limited to that year alone, not that it even matters. Nor does that negate that the discussion can continue with what happened after that year, as I pointed out in post #19. If you have an issue with that, that's your problem.

Ulenspiegel

macrumors 68040
Nov 8, 2014
Land of Flanders and Elsewhere
Post #18 was the first time 1948 was mentioned. At no point prior to that post did the OP suggest that the discussion was limited to that year alone, not that it even matters. Nor does that negate that the discussion can continue with what happened after that year, as I pointed out in post #19. If you have an issue with that, that's your problem.
This very
debate started with post #18 and your reflection to it in post #19 where you neglected the fact that Israel was not a "powerful aggressive nation" in 1948. Choosing a convenient route you diverted the topic not reacting at all to the content of posts #18 as well as #24, and started blowing smoke about "land grab". If you feel better neglecting facts at your own convenience, "that's your problem".

mudslag

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2010
This very debate started with post #18 and your reflection to it in post #19 where you neglected the fact that Israel was not a "powerful aggressive nation" in 1948. Choosing a convenient route you diverted the topic not reacting at all to the content of posts #18 as well as #24, and started blowing smoke about "land grab". If you feel better neglecting facts at your own convenience, "that's your problem".
Technically for me, it started in post #17, you felt the need inject yourself later into it by coming to the OP's defense. Post #17 is also when I used those words "powerful aggressive nation" and it wasn't talking about or limiting that view to 1948. It was then the OP tried to pigeon hole the conversation to a limit of 1948. For which you had an issue with was two other people were talking about and felt the need to play defender to the OP. Which makes it clear that you're the one with the issue with what was being discussed. I can't really have a problem with what I said as I still stand behind it. It's funny how butthurt you're getting over this though.

Ulenspiegel

macrumors 68040
Nov 8, 2014
Land of Flanders and Elsewhere
Technically for me, it started in post #17, you felt the need inject yourself later into it by coming to the OP's defense. Post #17 is also when I used those words "powerful aggressive nation" and it wasn't talking about or limiting that view to 1948. It was then the OP tried to pigeon hole the conversation to a limit of 1948. For which you had an issue with was two other people were talking about and felt the need to play defender to the OP. Which makes it clear that you're the one with the issue with what was being discussed. I can't really have a problem with what I said as I still stand behind it. It's funny how butthurt you're getting over this though.
It is not a difficult task to "still stand behind" such "academic" arguments like "wealthy powerful aggressive nation", "land grab", "powerhouse of a country" or "group that has practically no power" in their "relevant contexts".
What is funny is the stubbornness of a pseudo infallible.

Macky-Mac

macrumors 68030
May 18, 2004
Unless I have misunderstood the actual borders have never been declared by Israel to the UN or submitted to the UN.
according to the author of your original link, the borders were declared as part of "THE DECLARATION OF THE ESTABLISHMENT OF THE STATE OF ISRAEL", which he links in his article, and that certainly would have served as an open declaration to the whole world, including the UN.

plus, from your link;
...Being based on the Partition Plan, the Declaration implicitly defines the borders to be those specified in the Plan...

Last edited:

stylinexpat

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009