Palestinian group to sue British gov't over Israel

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Macky-Mac, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

This hasn't been widely reported outside the middle east. Do courts in the UK accept this kind of law suit?

the full jpost report, or if you prefer a more pro-palestinian viewpoint, ma'an report

2. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

"The British people should be among the first to support the rights of the Palestinians."

I'll put my name down for that.

I'm sure it'll fall on deaf ears, but I hope they manage to get as much publicity on this matter as possible.

3. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Well they can give it a shot, if legally they have a case they might win...

4. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

"Reparations" is becoming the watch-word of the 21st Century.

Lord protect us from lawyers.

5. adroit macrumors 6502

adroit

More power to them! I hop they get a lot of attention from this. I just wonder why it took so long.

6. Macky-Mac thread starter macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

indeed......the British were supposed to give the Palestinians self-rule on several occasions, but the British screwed them over every time.

I doubt this lawsuit will go anywhere though.

7. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

You must have been asleep during the last 10 to 20 years of the 20th. I can't pinpoint a date, but it went from something discussed to major topic sometime in the 80s.

8. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

I guess things were easier back in the day when you could just settle disputes mano e mano at the local barn dance.

9. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

They should have done that when International court came into form. Who did Brits, US thought they were, that entitled them to destroy a country just for Jesus second coming? Total bs. Its root cause for all these stupid death, terrorist, nuke arm race, and nothing good comes from it.

You felt bad for Jewish people? give Utah to them. or Scotland.

Classic example of how religion kills millions of people. even when you think you are chosen by Jesus.

10. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

I think that's the question people have been asking for centuries. Who do the British and/or the Americans think they are.

I utterly condemn terrorism, both individual and state instigated, but you can see why people get angry, you can see why they feel that they have been treated unjustly.

Well, that's not the only reason, there have always been more sinister motives for both the support of the initial occupation and the arming and financing of Israel.

Hillary Clinton stood outside the Israeli an embassy with a sign saying 'America fights for Israeli values' (or is it Israel for American? I can't remember). I'm in no doubt that's true. Israel are breaking more international laws and UN resolutions than anyone else.

Yeah. No justice, no peace.