Palestinian Woman Guilty of Lying on Citizenship Papers

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by aaronvan, Nov 10, 2014.

1. DaKKs macrumors 6502

The discussion of her actions back home is not the point here. She lied and she paid the price. I see no problem with the verdict.

2. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

True, but I doubt they would had given her asylum back then on a claim of false accusations. So you can't blame her for lying.

There is really no sense for her to face 10 years in US prison. Just deport her.

3. DaKKs macrumors 6502

Yes, you can blame her for lying. She took a chance and it backfired. I can accept that. I've done my fair share of creative paperwork. However, that doesnt mean shes not at fault. It was her own responsibility and she went for it. The fallout is on her also.

As for the sentance. One year in prison for every year she lived her lie. Its fitting in a way, though i think deportation should be enough. No sense in burdening the US tax payers with her.

4. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

And you're leaving the circumstances along with the era completely out. I does matter.

5. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

The original Israeli charges (from the 1960s!) are sketchy at best. Furthermore, it's almost quaint that this lady was a member of a Marxist Palestinian organization. Would that we still just dealt with commies--who were at least rational--rather than the insane religious nutcase of today like IS and Al Qaeda.

6. shinji macrumors 65816

shinji

Give me a break!!! :rolleyes:

7. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

I don't think I've ever been as indifferent about a thread on PRSI as I am about this thread.

8. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

...yet here you are. ;)