Palestinians shot and killed for protesting

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by stylinexpat, Mar 31, 2018.

1. stylinexpat macrumors 65816

stylinexpat

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

3. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Sometimes it seems that the people of the ME simply do not want peace, or at least want it enough.

4. chagla macrumors 6502a

chagla

5. darksithpro macrumors 6502a

Since the US recognized Jerusalem as Israels capitol, we're no longer arbiter. Oh well...

6. stylinexpat thread starter macrumors 65816

stylinexpat

7. darksithpro macrumors 6502a

8. Thierry ba macrumors 6502a

Palestinians should get their own state and all these killings should stop.

9. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I don’t think you have ever been. But Europe has certainly become more pro-Palestine in the meantime so would probably be a better arbiter.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 1, 2018 ---
    The whole Middle East is very racist to be fair. I can imagine the Arabs also calling black people “monkeys”

10. darksithpro macrumors 6502a

What, you think the European Union can broker a peace deal the US has never, ever been able to do, impossible odds? I seriously doubt that.

11. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Now that Trump has slapped the Palestinians in the face by moving the Embassy to Jerusalem instead of leaving it place in Tel Aviv or wherever it previously was, the United States can not be seen as impartial to the issue, and as such, can't be seen as arbiter. Trump screwed that up by getting further in bed with Netanyahu.

BL.

12. darksithpro macrumors 6502a

So, who will replace the US as Arbiter? The UK, Germany, perhaps Russia, or China? LOL! You very well know as I do that there will NEVER be peace between the Israelis and the Palestinians as long as we live.

13. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

They said the same thing between Sinn Fein and the Anglicans, yet look at where we are now.

They said the same thing about East and West Germany, let alone every other country behind the Iron Curtain, yet look where we are now.

One thing that should definitely be learned here is to never say never.

BL.

14. Bug-Creator macrumors 6502

Bug-Creator

There never was a widespread hate among those.

Sure the east's leaders despised the west but almost everyone east and west despised the east's leaders.

Violence in N.Ireland was bad, but nowhere as bad as in the occupied territories and it is for sure not 100% stable and peaceful now (very good chance the s### will restart hitting the fan if Brexit ends up in a hard border).

15. A.Goldberg macrumors 68020

A.Goldberg

This has been done before. And the Palestinians turned around and started a war with Israel. In fact, there have been many peace offerings over the years, but nothing will happen until Palestinian government stops promising the destruction of Israel. And Israel’s land grabs aren’t helping the situation nor is the US moving it’s embassy.

By the sounds of it, most Palestinians protested peacefully, but some of them charged the Palestine-Israeli border, some throwing stones, others with more lethal weapons like molatov cocktails. The Israelis responded with tear gas, rubber bullets, and in some canes live ammunition.

I don’t really see this as being any different than if Mexico or Canadian citizens charged the US boarder, or if a riot broke out within the United States. It’s not just a person throwing a rock at a solider, it’s people charging the boarder as well and the risk of inciting an even bigger display of riot-like behavior.

The entire situation is sad and unfortunate, and both sides have made poor decisions. I believe people on both sides don’t want really want peace, but the majority of civilians do. Remember that 20% of Israel is Arab and they hold positions in Israeli government. And just as the US has made poor decisions, I don’t see neighboring Muslim countries treating Palestians that well either. I can obviously understand Palestians not wanting to leave Palestine, but it’s not like Egypt, Jordan, etc are particuarly welcoming of them either.

With Israel claiming more and more land, a two state solution is becoming further and further from a possibility. And so long as Palestine has radicals at the helm swearing for the destruction of Israel, they won’t be given idependence. Add on top of that the importance of religious landmarks like Jerusalem, and you have the stalemate we’ve been in for decades.

16. Bug-Creator macrumors 6502

Bug-Creator

This is a rather simplified (and one sided version) of history.

I'd guess the other side would be something like this:
    A body that had no business there decided to give half their land to a terrorist organization which forced them into a defensive war (and they lost)

17. stylinexpat thread starter macrumors 65816

stylinexpat

Believe it or not it is actually forbidden in Islam to mock the looks of other people. In Islam people believe that how each person looks is the creation of God and mocking how God created one to look like is punishable on Judgement Day. What each person does though is on that person himself or herself.

18. alex2792 macrumors 6502a

Perhaps they will have better luck by electing a real government, instead of a terrorist organization, to represent their interests? I know, it’s a crazy idea, but it just might work!

19. ThisBougieLife macrumors 68000

ThisBougieLife

I mean, I agree with this in that this is part of the problem. Netanyahu is a step backward as far as achieving any peace solution, and Israel has plenty to change and plenty of guilt on their side, but as long as Hamas is the government in Gaza, there's never going to be peace. I understand the desire to not say "never", but I also don't like acting as if all situations are the same. This one does seem to be uniquely prone to a never-ending stalemate.

20. alex2792 macrumors 6502a

It’s impossible to negotiate peace with an organization whose platform is based on the premise that all Jews must be killed. Would you negotiate with someone if their only demand is that they get to chop your head off?

21. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

The Hamas charter says that Israel should cease to exist. It doesn’t say all the Jews living there should leave and certainly doesn’t say they all have to die.

22. alex2792 macrumors 6502a

So, I take it that you approve of their charter?

23. Bug-Creator macrumors 6502

Bug-Creator

Maybe you should look up the platform(s) of some of the parties in the Israeli government.
    Especially their stance on what the future of the Westbank should be.

-> to many idiots in control on both sides for peace to have a chance in this century

24. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Believe it shouldnt be a barrier to initial talks, yes. Believe it shouldn’t be a barrier to a settlement, perhaps. Approve. No.

25. stylinexpat, Apr 1, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2018

stylinexpat thread starter macrumors 65816

stylinexpat

Media bias and cover up taking place. The war in Syria actually started off in a similar way where protesters were shot and killed.

https://www.google.com/amp/mondoweiss.net/2018/03/nytimes-nonviolent-protesters/amp/
    --- Post Merged, Apr 1, 2018 ---
    You mean this..?

https://www.thenational.ae/world/mena/israeli-rabbi-approves-murder-of-non-jews-1.519895

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ha...es-can-t-live-in-the-land-of-israel-1.5423368

Theee is a lot of provocation that takes place there which leads Palestinians to uprise against occupation and killings of their own people.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mi...-israel-settlers-kill-palestinian-farmer/amp/