Palin Aide Abandons Ship!

mcrain

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 8, 2002
Illinois
Palin aide abandons ship - End of Palin Presidential Bid
CNN
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/02/24/top-palin-aide-resigns/?fbid=EUTkyBsRBga&hpt=Sbin
Sarah Palin's spokeswoman Meg Stapleton, a close adviser to the former Alaska governor who developed a rocky relationship with other Republicans and members of the media, has resigned

She and Palin had previously spoken about resigning. "Earlier this week, I handed Governor Palin my resignation, effective the end of this month," There are no immediate plans to hire a replacement for Stapleton, a source close to the Palin family told CNN.

Format (c) IntheNet

mactastic

macrumors 68040
Apr 24, 2003
Colly-fornia
The Article said:
But ever since Palin was suddenly elevated to the national stage in August 2008, Palin insiders, members of Sen. John McCain's presidential campaign and other Republicans sympathetic to the former governor have grumbled privately about Stapleton's ability to handle the increasingly monumental task of advising Palin, a global political celebrity whose every word is dissected and analyzed by pundits, celebrity magazines and the blogosphere.
Oh noes! A global political celebrity! Why, that means she's just like Paris Hilton and Britney Spears...

mcrain

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 8, 2002
Illinois
Oh noes! A global political celebrity! Why, that means she's just like Paris Hilton and Britney Spears...
She's the biggest celebrity in the world! LOL

(edit) Did you like how I deliberately distorted the meaning of that article? :)

yg17

macrumors G5
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Palin aide abandons ship - End of Palin Presidential Bid
CNN
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/02/24/top-palin-aide-resigns/?fbid=EUTkyBsRBga&hpt=Sbin
Sarah Palin's spokeswoman Meg Stapleton, a close adviser to the former Alaska governor who developed a rocky relationship with other Republicans and members of the media, has resigned

She and Palin had previously spoken about resigning. "Earlier this week, I handed FORMER Governor Palin my resignation, effective the end of this month," There are no immediate plans to hire a replacement for Stapleton, a source close to the Palin family told CNN.

Format (c) IntheNet
Fixed that for her.

IntheNet

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2009
Meghan Stapleton Resigns to Spend More Time With Family
http://www.conservatives4palin.com/
(Via Politico): Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin’s senior adviser and spokeswoman, Meghan Stapleton, has resigned, POLITICO has learned. Stapleton has been a Palin confidante since December 2006 and one of the governor’s most trusted aides since she was vaulted onto the national political scene by being picked as GOP presidential nominee John McCain’s running mate. Stapleton said she resigned to spend more time with her husband and 2-year-old daughter, Isabella. “While it has been an honor to help Gov. Palin and her family over the last few years, I am also honored to have this incredible opportunity to stay home with my precious miracle, Isabella,” Stapleton told POLITICO. "[She is] 2 years old, [and] I have missed significant moments in her life, but I look forward with great happiness to celebrating milestones as well as mundane moments with her as I refocus my priorities. I also look forward to seeing my saint of a husband again, too!”

Meghan Stapleton is a trusted friend of former Governor Palin and we extend to her best wishes for her work with the Governor as she now returns home to spend more time with her family. Bless her heart.

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
Meghan Stapleton is a trusted friend of former Governor Palin and we extend to her best wishes for her work with the Governor as she now returns home to spend more time with her family. Bless her heart.
Noone believes politicians who say they want to "spend more time with their family" ever.

Macaddicttt

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2004
San Diego, CA
Yea what is the rules for that? If you quit from office are you still given the title?
Supposedly you retain your highest or last-held, non-unique title, although no one ever follows that "non-unique" part.

So since there are more than on governor, you retain the title Governor. There's only one President, so really the only one who should be addressed as President is Obama. So technically, Clinton and Bush should be Gov. Clinton and Gov. Bush, although, like I said, no one follows this part and usually just sticks with President.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Hey, no one like a good Sarah bashing more than me but there's nothing here. She left her job. She was with Palin a long time so I actually buy the spending time with family excuse. I mean, it's not like she was the Governor and quit half way through her term.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
Meghan Stapleton Resigns to Spend More Time With Family
http://www.conservatives4palin.com/
(Via Politico): Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin’s senior adviser and spokeswoman, Meghan Stapleton, has resigned, POLITICO has learned. Stapleton has been a Palin confidante since December 2006 and one of the governor’s most trusted aides since she was vaulted onto the national political scene by being picked as GOP presidential nominee John McCain’s running mate. Stapleton said she resigned to spend more time with her husband and 2-year-old daughter, Isabella. “While it has been an honor to help Gov. Palin and her family over the last few years, I am also honored to have this incredible opportunity to stay home with my precious miracle, Isabella,” Stapleton told POLITICO. "[She is] 2 years old, [and] I have missed significant moments in her life, but I look forward with great happiness to celebrating milestones as well as mundane moments with her as I refocus my priorities. I also look forward to seeing my saint of a husband again, too!”

Gee, I wonder how you would react if this were one of Obama's advisors to spend more time with their children? :rolleyes:

skunk

macrumors G4
Jun 29, 2002
Republic of Ukistan
Could you tone down the sentimental sanctimony just a tad, please? I'd like to be able to read the odd thread without throwing up.

Rt&Dzine

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2008
Could you tone down the sentimental sanctimony just a tad, please? I'd like to be able to read the odd thread without throwing up.
It always reminds me of a particular late nineteenth century writing style.