Palin announcing she will not run for re-election

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by abijnk, Jul 3, 2009.

1. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

This story is just coming out. Honestly, it scares me. I very much dislike this woman as a politician.

HuffPo

CNN has a banner up about it, but I've not seen any other articles. The gist of it is that people think she is gearing up for a 2012 presidential run.

Discuss.

EDIT:
    Video of her statement w/ full text: LINK Sorry to keep using HuffPo, but they have the video and text all on the same link.

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Sarah Palin is the one person I want running our country at a time of economic distress... Dear gawd.

3. spaceboots06 macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

Studio B is covering it right now. I think that she has made wise choices and will be missed. Hopefully she comes back, but stronger next time. God bless her, her daughter, her son in law, and her grand child.

4. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

5. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

As much as I immensely dislike her, I hope she does run in 2012. Last time out was comedy gold. More right wing bitter tears please.

6. abijnk thread starter macrumors 68040

abijnk

It seems like she did a decent job in Alaska. And those are her "homies." But I have a very difficult time believing she is prepared for any national role, especially president.

7. spaceboots06 macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

I personally think that it's a man's job to run the most important country in the world but I don't know how loudly I should speak about that in public.

8. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

I hope she's the republican candidate in 2012. I really do.

That would signal the end of the republican party.

9. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

You changed your location....aww. I do nominate Shep Smith for an Emmy, he covered the car chase on Monday like it was the Super Bowl.

Maybe she is going to go back to Wasilla to be mayor, I heard the non-existent fire department there is having a budget crisis.

10. spaceboots06 macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9JE5SBm9UU

On the TV in the bedroom, I haven't changed the channel for weeks. Red Eye at 3:00AM EST is the funniest thing, I think.

11. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Yeah. Blatant sexism not so good...

I'm just waiting for Karl Rove's tweets about this, even he cannot be happy.

12. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

Half of me feels that way, but the other half remembers that we elected George W. Bush 1½ times. The mere thought that she could get the nomination scares the hell out of me.

Here's hoping the rest of the GOP is as closed-minded as you.

13. spaceboots06 macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

:rolleyes:

I think you meant to say twice, and fairly I might add.

14. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Yes, but at least Bush was funny. Palin scares the living crap out of people that are in the center, that is not so good for elections. Especially since Obama has been more moderate then he was in the campaign (tisk tisk). Plus she is going to have to find someone as nuts as her for VP.

15. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

Hey, I was being generous with the ½.

16. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

I hope she just flutters away and we never hear from her again. Bad choice for that person to run this country. bad choice...

17. abijnk thread starter macrumors 68040

abijnk

Well then, I guess I'll just go back to the kitchen. :rolleyes:

18. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

No, no, no...all that was said was that it's a man job to be president, that is not mutually exclusive with "you must be in the kitchen." It's only blatant sexism and offensive.

But if the entire Republican party shares that view with SpaceBoots, then good...four more years.

19. David G. macrumors 65816

I took one of those test thingies on FaceBook to see how much I agree with her political ideas, I scored a 90%. In reality I think I am a little closer than that (and her) to all you folks, being a Palmerite and all.:p

20. abijnk thread starter macrumors 68040

abijnk

Oh, well, thanks for clearing that up.

21. spaceboots06 macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

I'm not against Obama, I think that he's made some OK decisions and some, well, not-so OK decisions.

He smokes (link), he thinks that there are more than 57 states in the US (link), and all around he seems like a dopehead. I just can't really say we're in good hands.

And just to clarify, women are equal to men. They've fought hard and deserve the respect they're entitled to.

22. beatzfreak macrumors 6502

CNN is reporting she is stepping down as Governor in the next few weeks.

WASHINGTON (CNN) – Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin announced Friday she would not seek a second term and would soon step down as governor.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

23. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

That's good, since I'm to the far left and not so happy with him.

Bush clearly was more on the ball. Wrong doors, thrice, OBGYNs? Umm... Bush was an alcoholic and Obama def. no the first to admit to smoking.

Yes, they just arent supposed to be president.

[​IMG]

24. abijnk thread starter macrumors 68040

abijnk

Huh, plot twist. Anyone know why she is stepping down early or seen anything that might be relevant?

25. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

McCain picking Palin' as his running mate, and her being lauded as a viable choice to run the worlds largest economy by the GOP mouthpieces, was an insult to the citizens of the USA.

Surely, the Republicans won't be so bloody stupid to again think that Palin' will have developed the talents to provide a viable alternative to Pres. Obama in 2012? If they do, then frankly, they deserve to die as a political party.