Palin attacks neighbor online, erects 14-ft. fence

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

On her Facebook page, Sarah Palin asks, "Wonder what kind of material he'll gather while overlooking Piper's bedroom, my little garden, and the family's swimming hole?"

Granted, it's a provocative move on writer Joe McGinniss' part, but at this point she and her supporters are making all kinds of wild accusations without any evidence. If McGinniss weren't a "celebrity" in his own right (so that people can say anything about him), he'd have a slam-dunk libel/slander case against them.

(That fence is hilariously tacky, too. Looks like one fence stacked on top of another.)

Video link.

2. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

She sounds paranoid and nervous, perhaps rightfully so. He sounds like a nutjob, the lefty equivalent of the "reporter" who posed as a pimp in the acorn set up.

3. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Well, he's not claiming to be anyone other than Joe McGinniss. It's not like he's pretending to be a telephone repairman or anything. ;)

4. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

Everybody in the clip including the CNN person is a hideous caricature of a human being.

5. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    It's.. odd. But he's an author, covered far greater people than Palin and is respected as an author. I think Palin's reaction is predictable (stooping to marking him out as a pervert), but you can't have your cake and eat it. Palin puts herself out there and should expect intense observation. I would hate to be observed on that level, I wouldn't be used to media attention in general anyway, but that's not the same for people like Palin.

It's not like the guy is actually following her around daily, he's just a neighbour on the face of it.

He's not worried - this fence effort has given him more material and insight to write about. Win/win for him.

6. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I have no love for the half-term Governor but if a conservative blogger were to move next door to a prominent Dem., this board would be up in arms.

7. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    Hope that fence isn't blocking his view of Russia..

8. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Slam dunk libel/slander case? For what? The guy moved in next door to the person he was writing a book on, its obvious he did it to observe the family, which is beyond creepy.

Im hoping the guy goes out for a morning jog and gets mauled by a bear. Welcome to Alaska.

9. Shivetya macrumors 65816

Provocative?

How about obnoxious, how about "only pass for asshats on the left who are so filled with hate they will justify any low they try"

Really, there is no excuse for this guy. He is a creep.

10. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Well, I have to agree that it's weird that moved right next to her. The fence is tacky, but I can't say I blame her.

11. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I can only build a fence to 7'.

Maybe he should check the local ordinances.

12. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Provocative? More like total as***** move to me.

13. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Its Alaska, they have moose.

14. RawBert macrumors 68000

RawBert

For almost two years she's been annoying us. I'm glad someones annoying her for a change. :)

I hope he laces the 'hood with rats. RATS!!!! :eek:

15. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed, the man is a total scumbag.

16. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

The guy who moved next door has made quite a few excuses saying he is in the right.

Legally he has the right to move there. Ethically not so much.

he says the prices is right, and view is nice (lake front) which I will not debate. He moved there I think for the media attention it would bring him. I have no problem with him moving to the same city for research. That is fine but he should of gotten a house that does not have a good view of Palin's house plan and simple. Being right next door looks a lot like he is there to cause trouble and he should know that. No matter what his other reasons on he should of tried to avoid moving in like that.

I think the 14ft fence was acceptable move by Palin. She is not taking him to court.

17. Stella macrumors 604

Stella

Can't the world just ignore palin? She's nothing more than a religious whack job who had her 15 minutes of fame.

18. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

19. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

What basis does she have to take him to court? Last I looked, being an ******* is not a suable offense.

What I find hysterical in this whole thing is Palin calling a lake her family's swimming hole. I would have thought she would have a cement pond with all the millions she's earned.

20. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

Anybody else get an incredibly creepy feeling about the reference to "Piper's bedroom" in this quote? She got political mileage from the apology she weaseled out of Letterman. That was serendipity. This time around there's only one person arguably exploiting unseemly implications about Piper Palin, and it's the poor girl's mother.

21. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

none but does that stop some people from being taking others to court?

22. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

NO- I want here around as long as pssoble, so that people know what kind of person she is and what kind of people the tea partiers are.

23. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I don't see that as any different than dragging her DS child around as well as Piper to most of her appearances. She puts her kids out there front and center exploiting them for whatever gain she can.

24. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

Yeah, but politicians regularly exploit their kids like that. This is just over an especially nauseating line. Letterman at least had the legitimate excuse that he was not, in fact, intentionally referring to the younger daughter in the joke, and he graciously apologized anyway.

Palin is specifically exploiting her daughter's potential as a target for pedophiles. That is simply horrifying.

25. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Is there no difference between a conservative blogger and a novelist/biographer?