Palin Cleared in Troopergate

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Aranince, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

Lol, if it wasnt for the awesome animated gif of a police siren...

siren1.gif

...announcing this...from a Fox news affiliate...

...I may actually believe everything I read just now.

:rolleyes:

2. Aranince thread starter macrumors 65816

3. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

is that the investigation headed by her cronies?

4. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

As I understand it, this isn't a reversal as the Faux News blurb claims. There's a disagreement over jurisdiction.

Yep.

From the wiki on the subject:
    So much for being mavericky and standing up against the good ole boys network. Looks like she's using that network to her full advantage when it suits her.

5. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

So far nobody else, including Fixed News, has picked this up.

6. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

CNN

7. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

I stand corrected.

It's a sideshow anyway, and Palin's own creatures were conducting the "investigation". Troopergate would probably never have become an issue without the election at any rate.

Hopefully, come tomorrow night, troopergate (and Palin herself) will retreat back in to insignificance.

8. gotzero macrumors 68040

The comments in that thread pretty much speak for themselves. I do not think any of them had their minds changed by this. LOL.

9. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Wow. Compare the way Fox tells it, and the way CNN tells it. On CNN the 2nd investigation contradicts the first. On Fox, it's a "reversal". And CNN is biased? :p Nice spin there, Fox.

And my God, that cheesy page! Has Fox gone completely to seed? Have they got some 12 year old creating their stuff for them, using Netscape Composer and some free animated gifs they found on the internets?

10. Cleverboy macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

Pocket Universe, nth Dimensional Complex Manifold
    While I consider some of the reporters, talk shows, and opinion pieces from Fox News very biased, I think they're a reputable news source, and disagree with the out-of-hand dismissals many here have of them. That said, this new finding is absolute garbage. To quote the article from Greta's page: "there is absolutely no evidence to support a finding of probable cause
    for violation of the executive ethics act against the gov."
    On its face, this appears wrong-headed, for the simple fact that her husband made numerous calls on her behalf from the office, in pressuring Wooten. "Absolutely" becomes a very politically narrow word. It seems MORE than clear that Palin has a history of unduly influencing people around her and rewarding loyalty. You simply do not arrange an investigation... and THEN, when you do not like the nature of the questions, arrange for a separate investigation. Moreover, dragging out and attempting to derail the first investigation has every appearance of impropriety. Greta should be ashamed of herself for reporting this without a hint of skepticism or context.

~ CB

11. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

12. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Bingo. Where's the news?

13. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I'm glad she's cleared herself. Now maybe she can clear something else up for us.

It's the night before the election -- do you know where Sarah Palin's medical records are?

Now, ordinarily I wouldn't think there'd be anything to hide, but this very Bush-like behavior of clearing herself of wrongdoing, and hiding information, makes me suspicious. What's the deal here? Is there something we shouldn't know about?

14. Cleverboy macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

She doesn't trust releasing info to the media at this point, and for good reason. She knows first-hand how political hay can be made out of virtually nothing... her campaign has been doing just that for weeks now. Very LITTLE in NO benefit to releasing her medical records.

~ CB

15. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Still not fufilling her promise, while bashing obama for things like public financing.

Ooooh the hypocrisy

16. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

I agree. I think she had an abortion in the past and doesn't want the media to know.

17. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Fox News is such a biased news source that a link to their page almost requires a "trust, but verify" label. Often the information is correct, but it's spun to such a degree that anything beyond the inverted pyramid (who, what, when, where) cannot be trusted.

18. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Could be anything. Psychiatric problems, drug use...anything.

19. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I dont really want to jump to conclusions like that.

20. Cleverboy macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

I think many of their "editorial" or "talk" outlets masquerade as "real news", but aren't intended to BE news. There is a growing problem with online media, where sometimes its hard to discern a BLOG from a news source that is attempting to be objective. It's more pronounced on websites like FoxNews, where there are SPIN sections and non-SPIN sections. For instance, Greta Van Susteren can easily masquerade as if its the "Fox News" section, but its NOT. Neither is the O'Reilly section the "news" section. I've had this problem, obviously with the WSJ too. There is the "news" and then there's "opinion" sections. I think I've yet to find a non-Opinion piece on Fox News, that was wildly unbalanced. Conversely, I don't think CNN has sections of their website that aren't clearly delineated as "opinion". Their "news" site plays it generally pretty straight. That's been my observation anyhow. --Sometimes its easier to gang it all together, but I don't think that's fair either.

~ CB

21. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

And your proof would be......

22. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

same proof as those claiming obama is somehow a muslim extremist, there is none.

23. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Very true. However, there is alot of bitching about that here, and yet Peace will stoop to that same level it seems. Just a tad hypocritical, wouldn't you say?

24. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

I was ( for once ) spewing forth bunk before the election..

Why not..It's fun.:p

how's it feel ?