Palin mocks Obama for teleprompter, writes Q&A answers on her hand

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Sky Blue, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

The gift that keeps on giving:

Did Palin write the answers to Tea Party Convention questions on her hand?

http://thinkprogress.org/2010/02/06/palin-hand/

[​IMG]

video
    : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtcVMTZkTZQ

When I say "answers":

[​IMG]

Energy
    Budget (crossed out)
    Tax Cuts
    Lift American Spirits
    [​IMG]

2. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I guess next time she'll tell the media not to broadcast the teabagging convention in HD :rolleyes:

3. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Its a good idea to keep the important topics on hand to make sure you don't forget them.

When I have to give a presentation I like to go into the room early to leave keywords/topics in a visible place to make sure I don't miss anything out. If I don't have access to the room beforehand I have written them on my hand.

Guess this is just an example of a politician being a hypocrite, hardly a surprise.

4. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

It gets worse.

Palin using a teleprompter!
    [​IMG]

Saint Ronnie their hero using a teleprompter!
    [​IMG]

This woman needs to shut up and go away. She is nothing but a liar.

5. Sky Blue thread starter Guest

Sky Blue

Apologies, just saw you posted this in the other thread.

She's given these questions beforehand but still can't remember her non-sensical rhetoric.

6. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

It's 6 words (7 if you count the crossed out one). Is she too stupid to remember 6 words? And they're 6 words that she's been repeating over and over again over the last 2 years and are the basis of the platform. She seriously needed a reminder to talk about tax cuts? Just how much of an idiot is she?

Usually if I do that for a presentation, I have partial sentences on there, something more than 6 words.

7. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

6 key topics.

They are reminders to make sure she doesn't forget them at the key moment in time when she is under pressure.

Everyone is likey to falter when they are put under pressure and the spot light is on them, doing something like this helps ease the mind as you know there is a back up and you are enabling yourself to not screw up.

I'm sorry but this was sensible from Palin, perhaps she could've done this in a more discrete method.

8. bobr1952 macrumors 68020

bobr1952

From my perspective, she has just moved over to join the ranks of conservative entertainers such as Rush Limbaugh--and for me that means not to be taken seriously.

9. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

It's not sensible when she does this 5 minutes after blasting Obama for using a teleprompter.

And it's actually only 3 key topics that are the platform of the teabagger party. She should know them, even under pressure. And what pressure? The Q&A questions were preselected from ones submitted a few weeks ago, she probably already saw them and had the answers programmed into her simple head. She wasn't under any pressure. She's just a dolt.

10. Sky Blue thread starter Guest

Sky Blue

I agree with what you're saying, but if you're getting paid $100,000 to do a speech and a Q&A, you've seen the questions beforehand, you're having a go at the president for reading off a teleprompter and you write "Lift American Spirits" you deserved to be laughed at. Can you imagine what a field day the right would have if Obama did a Town Hall with answers written on his hand?

11. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

As I said before if it helps her remember what she was going to say then it is good practise. Just because it is words you feel she should know they could clearly be triggers for a more informative answer that she has prepared.

Yeah there would be attacks from the other side but as I said before:

In fact if it was the other way around I am sure people would be here defending him that about the fact that it is sensible to give yourself an edge.

I can't quite believe the faux drama over someone being sensible. Hardly the biggest issue there is. But I suppose in such a polarised political environment it is to be expected.

12. jb1280 macrumors 6502a

This is truly a non-issue.

I would gladly have no problem with her having volumes of notes if she is willing to perform a prime time press conference. Of course, at this moment there is a better chance of Jesus Christ incarnate walking the streets of Washington, DC than her subjecting herself to real scrutiny.

13. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Agreed. I think this is a non-issue. She's just a hypocrite, but I'm sure we already knew that.

14. IntheNet macrumors regular

IntheNet

Liberals have so little... let them be outraged at irrelevant minutia...

15. racers macrumors regular

Coming from someone who freaks out when Obama bows :rolleyes:

16. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

WHY is this person still being talked about ?
    It's like theres a wreck at an intersection you drive through every day and each time you slow down to look. Eventually you have to say same wreck different day and drive on past it.

She is nothing more than a whore for money and publicity.

The more people listen to her the longer she stays in the limelight.

17. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Yeah that's right "liberals" :rolleyes: I'll just refer you to every single post of mine in this thread to show you that you are wrong.

Please don't paint with a broad brush.

18. jb1280 macrumors 6502a

Agreed. She needs to be declared persona non grata by the media until she is willing to do a press conference.

19. fivepoint macrumors 65816

fivepoint

Palin is about as qualified as Barack Obama is to run this country. Both of them speak philosophically at about 30,000 feet only. Both of them have virtually no experience, and both of them have demonstrated a frightening lack of understanding of basic foreign relations policy and economic principles... among other things.

Palin was caught this one time with 'crib notes'. Barack Obama can't seem to udder a single word without the use of a teleprompter... even using them to speak to a bunch of elementary age children. Neither issue being serious, but resulting in neither individual inspiring much confidence I'm afraid...

I hope that the Tea Party movement can be led by someone with a bit more trustworthiness, class, and history of principled policies... someone much more like Ron Paul than Sarah Palin. I hope the Democratic party can be led by someone with a bit less ultra left-wing tendencies and a bit more respect for the constitution... someone who only supports liberal policies which fall within the rights of the federal government instead of saying the ends justify the means and pushing forward regardless.

The state of our politicians in this country is pretty sad. The state of our politics in general in this country is pretty sad... it's all about party, and not about principles. It's all about populism and not about reality. It's all about what entitlements you can offer today, and not about the America you can create in the future.

20. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Come on, Obama isn't that bad...

Agreed.

Is Castro running the Democratic party :confused:.

Agreed.

21. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Do you present much? Sentences don't do you any good as it distracts from your thought process when giving the speech

Exactly

22. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

23. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

24. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Its hard to take people seriously who cry about people criticizing Obama bowing one second and then post stuff like this that doesn't matter. Its not unusual for people to jot down notes for a speech or q/a. Palin isn't exactly an illusive target to nail without putting crap like this up.

25. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

And vice versa.