Palin says Katie Couric interviews were 'unfair'

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by toontra, Oct 4, 2008.

1. toontra macrumors 6502

Apparently Couric was unfair in her interviewing technique because she didn't ask the questions which Palin would have most liked to answer! Politics is sure a hard and nasty business.

LINK

2. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

I hope the American public can see this for what it really is - a subconscious admission that when it comes to the nitty gritty against world leaders, she doesn't have the strength to deal with them.

I liked it when she said "I wanted to talk about Barack Obama increasing taxes, which would lead to killing jobs", despite him cutting taxes for most people. Quite why people will be voting for that pair of imbeciles, I don't know.

America, you deserve better than this. We deserve better than this.

3. Anuba macrumors 68040

Anuba

Maybe Obama could tell her that this pseudo-argument is getting old.

Denmark has the highest taxes in the world (48.4% of GDP) and an unemployment rate of 1.9% (May 2008).

The U.S. has some of the lowest taxes in the world (20% of GDP) and an unemployment rate of 5.7% (July 2008).

Taxes kill jobs? So... with much lower taxes, all Danes would have three jobs? :rolleyes:

Here's the thing: Denmark uses these taxes to finance universal healthcare, generous unemployment benefits (90% of your most recent salary), subsidized higher education etc. When employers don't have to pay for health insurance, dental plans etc, it frees up capital for hiring more people. When anyone can get a decent education, you get a very competent work force, a force to reckon with on the global scene. You avoid evolving into a country with millions of illiterate good-for-nothing morons who are only capable of flipping burgers or robbing banks.

4. Frisco macrumors 68020

Did anyone see the Fox Palin interview last night? It was sickening. Basically they asked her every question that she couldn't answer correctly during the Couric interview.

Remember the Supreme Court question? This time she spitted out 3 cases with details. I couldn't believe how rigged the whole thing was.

Oh and by the way Palin reads the Wall Street Journal and New York Times. Yeah right!

5. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

She accuses Couric of "not asking the right questions"? Fer cryin' out loud....

Anybody see a parallel between that and her debate comment to Gwen Ifill that (I'm paraphrasing here), "I'm not going to answer the question you asked, I'm going to talk straight to the American people and tell them what they need to hear"?

In other words, "I came here to talk about my talking points, and I'm going to ignore anything anyone else has to say."

And that, my friends, is exactly like Dubya and the rest of the neocons.

Well, I'm glad she said this. I hope it gets a lot of press. The Republicans are hoping the debate bolstered her image...and this whiny attitude sure ain't gonna do that.

6. Anuba macrumors 68040

Anuba

By definition, no question you ask a VP candidate can possibly be "unfair".

"What newspapers do you read"?! Britney Spears can name a newspaper. Flavor Flav can name a newspaper. A third grader can name a newspaper. Homeless bums who sleep on newspapers can name a newspaper. Osama Bin Laden can name a whole bunch of them, heck, he's probably reading Wall Street Journal right now.

7. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

How nice of Fox News' Carl Cameron to give her a do-over.

Sorry, Sarah. You don't get to dictate the types of questions unless you only speak to Fox.

Seems to me that where and how she gets her news are related to her qualifications to be VP. You betcha, your knowledge of Supreme Court decisions are related to your qualifications to be VP. Whether you know what the Bush Doctrine is is related to your qualifications to be VP.

You think?

8. scotthayes macrumors 68000

scotthayes

just when I think she can not get any more pathetic, she goes and proves me wrong.

9. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

All she's doing is confirming Phil Gramm's position earlier in he summer that we are a nation of whiners, or at least some of our leaders are... Thank God this recession is only a mental one!

B

10. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

If you can't handle Katie Couric, how are you going to be able to handle Pootie-Poot, or Chavez, or any of the other world leaders that don't like us?

11. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

Duh...by ignoring or not talking to them!! Then they will just go away, right??

12. Anuba macrumors 68040

Anuba

Those aren't a problem, because they're men. Just look at how the Pakistani guy drooled and called her "gorgeous". She'll make them sign anything.

Katie Couric on the other hand, is an intelligent woman, which is kryptonite for Palin. She loses all her superpowers in close proximity to Couric. She will only allow men to interview her from now on.

13. Frisco macrumors 68020

14. takao macrumors 68040

takao

more like teeth without a pitbull

seriously after the "ok" performance he comes out with stuff like this ? what the hell

15. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

Maybe someone needs to explain to her what the differences are between a speech, interview and press conference? Couric's questions were not difficult, or tricky. Biden was asked the very same questions, and bam, he had an answer.

The FOX show was carefully scripted to give her a little more momentum, after surviving the debate. However, the smiling, winking facade is meaningless, as long as they continue to carefully orchestrate her every move.

I recall all the fun we had with Dan Quayle. I did not think anyone could ever get close to the 'point on the bar' he achieved. But, that record is in jeopardy. Both of them are certified idiots, but Palin is also dangerous. Quayle, not so much.

16. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

courtesy of Greenday

She's a bigot,
    She's a saint,
    She's the scourge of the earth
    And she's dangerous.

She's an moron,
    Vigilante,
    Missing link on the brink
    Of destruction

From Wasilla To Miami,
    She's the one that they
    Call old whatsername

She's the symbol
    Of desistance
    And she's sucking out my
    brain like a vacuum pump

Is she ever
    even thinking?
    Is she the mother of all bombs?
    Gonna detonate.

Is she trouble power grabber?
    Make it a double Twist of fate,
    Or a melody that

She sings the friggin rapture,
    armageddon to our lives,
    She brings this desperation,
    That I just can't defy,
    Nothing comes to mind

She's a bigot,
    She's a saint,
    She's the scourge of the earth
    And she's dangerous.

She's an moron,
    Vigilante,
    Missing link on the brink
    Of destruction

17. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

18. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

In other news Palin said Katie Couric was a doo doo head and isn't speaking to her ever again and is telling on her, to the principle! :eek:

I love to hate american politics, it's so funny from an outside perspective, I'd be embarrassed to have Palin as a figure for government, she's almost as bad as Boris Johnson, but atleast he's only mayor, and damn funny, she's just stupid funny...

19. jonnyb macrumors 65816

Much as I dislike Johnson's politics, you can't compare a man who has a classical Oxford education and can speak Latin, Greek, French, and (I think) German with a woman who can't name a single newspaper that she reads.

20. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Well, to paraphrase Tom Hanks: "There's no crying in politics!"

I kinda said that elsewhere. The Republicans seem largely only to be able to run intellectually lazy people for the highest office in the land.

OTOH, the smart ones, the intellectual but corrupt schemers, are the ones behind the scenes, like Cheney.