Palin Sues Johnston for Custody

leekohler

macrumors G5
Original poster
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
http://www.advocate.com/News/Daily_News/2009/12/28/Palin_Sues_Johnston_for_Custody/

More silliness from a family with no shame whatsoever.

Go Levi! Don't let them take your kid!

Sarah Palin’s daughter Bristol has sued Levi Johnston for sole custody of their child, Tripp Johnston-Palin, and now two superior court judges have unsealed the court record and denied Palin’s request that pseudonyms be used, the Alaska Dispatch reports.

It’s not yet apparent whether Johnston’s public appearances since his son’s birth—most notably his decision to pose nude for Playgirl magazine—will be a part of the proceedings. Earlier this month Johnston told Headline News’s Joy Behar that he likes being a gay icon.

Palin filed for custody on November 4, at which time Judge Kari C. Kristiansen issued a temporary order limiting access to the case files and allowed the parties to file under pseudonyms. Johnston, however, appealed those decisions. On December 23, Kristiansen denied Palin’s request for a closed proceeding. On the same day, Presiding Judge Sharon Gleason denied Palin’s request to use pseudonyms.

In opposition to the request for a gag order, Johnston’s lawyer, Rex Butler, said: “Simply put, this matter is public in nature, the courts are not refugees for the scions of the elite to obtain private dispensation of their legal matters because the public at large has an interest in the proceedings.”

For his part, Johnston said he feared that Sarah Palin might have too much pull if the proceedings were made private. “I do not feel protected against Sarah Palin in a closed proceeding,” he wrote in an affidavit. “I hope that if it is open she will stay out of it…. I think a public case might go a long way in reducing Sarah Palin’s instinct to attack and allow the real parties in this litigation, Bristol and I, to work things out a lot more peacefully than we could if there is any more meddling from Sarah Palin.”

leekohler

macrumors G5
Original poster
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
Yeah, like Levi will be such a wonderful parent.:rolleyes:
What evidence proves Bristol has any more ability to parent the child than Johnston? Her mother drove Johnston away in the first place. At least he's trying to start a career to support himself and his child. Whether or not you disagree with his occupation really doesn't matter. He seems like a relatively decent guy. He hasn't run from his responsibilities and indeed seems to take them quite seriously.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
As far as I know, there is no current legal agreement, which would make it joint custody, yes.
An Advocate link for a Levi Johnson story, LOLz.

Admit it, you just want custody of his joint. :D

leekohler

macrumors G5
Original poster
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
Please, he is just a second rate media whore.:rolleyes:
If that is the case, then nothing makes the Palin family any better. Even so- how does that disqualify him from parenthood?

An Advocate link for a Levi Johnson story, LOLz.

Admit it, you just want custody of his joint. :D
Well, hello. :)

I also don't like to see people get railroaded by people with power who think it's their right to take anything they want.

yg17

macrumors G5
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
We don't know, but we can predict with great accuracy that the media whore would be out in full swing if her grandbaby's daddy ran off.

IntheNet

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2009
You're damn right. No matter what he does, Palin is going to hound him.
Actually, according to court papers filed, Bristol Palin has good reason to seek custody, Levi Johnston seeks publicity instead of Tripp's well-being! As clearly noted in the Petition for Custody:

"To date, Bristol and her family have provided nearly 100% of the child care for Tripp, and paid for almost all costs associated with Tripp's upbringing. Not until October, 8th, 2009, nearly 10 months after Tripp was born, did Levi pay his first dollar to help support his child."

leekohler

macrumors G5
Original poster
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
Just a note- InTheNet, I see you're posting here. However, you are on my ignore list, and I can't see what you post. So if you are directing anything at me, you're wasting your time.

mcrain

macrumors 68000
Feb 8, 2002
Illinois
Actually, according to court papers filed, Bristol Palin has good reason to seek custody, Levi Johnston seeks publicity instead of Tripp's well-being! As clearly noted in the Petition for Custody:

"To date, Bristol and her family have provided nearly 100% of the child care for Tripp, and paid for almost all costs associated with Tripp's upbringing. Not until October, 8th, 2009, nearly 10 months after Tripp was born, did Levi pay his first dollar to help support his child."
The Palin family has denied him visitation. They kept him away. Not to mention that if she wants support, she's required to ask for it. Any money paid outside of court is, well, ignored!

leekohler

macrumors G5
Original poster
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
The Palin family has denied him visitation. They kept him away. Not to mention that if she wants support, she's required to ask for it. Any money paid outside of court is, well, ignored!
Oh come on! We all know that it's bad form to let facts get in the way of a good smear! :rolleyes::D

IntheNet

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2009
The Palin family has denied him visitation.
Good. My respect for them just tripled!

They kept him away. Not to mention that if she wants support, she's required to ask for it. Any money paid outside of court is, well, ignored!
I suggest you read the Petition; Mr. Johnson, if he was anything other than a low life, could have used the services of the U.S. Postal Service, as other fathers do for handling child support payments during separation, had he any self respect in providing support. It's clear he doesn't...

mcrain

macrumors 68000
Feb 8, 2002
Illinois
If he's not allowed to see the child, then he shouldn't be paying child support. Good for him.

Oh good gracious people. If a father mails child support payments directly to a mother, they aren't counted! Payments have to go through a state agency, and to do that, the mother has to request support, and the court has to order it.

Anyone else notice that the Palin family isn't alleging that he has failed to see or care for the child, merely that he hasn't provided financial support. The reason is that they have prevented him from visiting with his own child.

What needs to happen is that a court of competent jurisdiction needs to determine how much visitation he gets and how much support he will owe. Until then, we all need to chill and take the politics out of it.

leekohler

macrumors G5
Original poster
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
Are you applying for a job at Fox news?
It was a joke. ;) That's what smilies are for. :)

Oh good gracious people. If a father mails child support payments directly to a mother, they aren't counted! Payments have to go through a state agency, and to do that, the mother has to request support, and the court has to order it.

Anyone else notice that the Palin family isn't alleging that he has failed to see or care for the child, merely that he hasn't provided financial support. The reason is that they have prevented him from visiting with his own child.

What needs to happen is that a court of competent jurisdiction needs to determine how much visitation he gets and how much support he will owe. Until then, we all need to chill and take the politics out of it.
You're correct. And I'm glad this went public. God only knows what the Palin family would try to do if it weren't.

Rampant.A.I.

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2009
It was a joke. ;) That's what smilies are for. :)

You're correct. And I'm glad this went public. God only knows what the Palin family would try to do if it weren't.

Probably ignore the rights and needs of the child and her own daughter, and just milk it for all it's worth for publicity.

...Oh, wait.

Hey, while we're on the topic, does Palin still support abstinence-only education in schools, or is she OK with teaching about contraception now that she's had some personal experience?

leekohler

macrumors G5
Original poster
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
Probably ignore the rights and needs of the child and her own daughter, and just milk it for all it's worth for publicity.

...Oh, wait.

Hey, while we're on the topic, does Palin still support abstinence-only education in schools, or is she OK with teaching about contraception now that she's had some personal experience?
Little Miss Bristol went on an abstinence tour right after her pregnancy. Does that answer your question?