Palin Sues Johnston for Custody

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by leekohler, Dec 29, 2009.

1. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

http://www.advocate.com/News/Daily_News/2009/12/28/Palin_Sues_Johnston_for_Custody/

More silliness from a family with no shame whatsoever.

Go Levi! Don't let them take your kid!

2. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

3. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

As far as I know, there is no current legal agreement, which would make it joint custody, yes.

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Yeah, like Levi will be such a wonderful parent.:rolleyes:

5. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

What evidence proves Bristol has any more ability to parent the child than Johnston? Her mother drove Johnston away in the first place. At least he's trying to start a career to support himself and his child. Whether or not you disagree with his occupation really doesn't matter. He seems like a relatively decent guy. He hasn't run from his responsibilities and indeed seems to take them quite seriously.

6. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

An Advocate link for a Levi Johnson story, LOLz.

Admit it, you just want custody of his joint. :D

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Please, he is just a second rate media whore.:rolleyes:

8. IntheNet macrumors regular

IntheNet

So you'll be able to cite his monthly child support payments in sequence then?

9. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

If that is the case, then nothing makes the Palin family any better. Even so- how does that disqualify him from parenthood?

Well, hello. :)

I also don't like to see people get railroaded by people with power who think it's their right to take anything they want.

10. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

At least he hasn't traipsed his kids around on TV and in book signings.

11. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

No, because that is private information. But I'm sure if he wasn't paying, Sarah would go on a media tour to bitch about it.

12. IntheNet macrumors regular

IntheNet

Then why didn't you challenge leekohler when he alleged:

Sounds like he doesn't know...

13. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

We don't know, but we can predict with great accuracy that the media whore would be out in full swing if her grandbaby's daddy ran off.

14. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

You're damn right. No matter what he does, Palin is going to hound him.

15. IntheNet macrumors regular

IntheNet

Actually, according to court papers filed, Bristol Palin has good reason to seek custody, Levi Johnston seeks publicity instead of Tripp's well-being! As clearly noted in the Petition for Custody:

"To date, Bristol and her family have provided nearly 100% of the child care for Tripp, and paid for almost all costs associated with Tripp's upbringing. Not until October, 8th, 2009, nearly 10 months after Tripp was born, did Levi pay his first dollar to help support his child."

16. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Just a note- InTheNet, I see you're posting here. However, you are on my ignore list, and I can't see what you post. So if you are directing anything at me, you're wasting your time.

17. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

The Palin family has denied him visitation. They kept him away. Not to mention that if she wants support, she's required to ask for it. Any money paid outside of court is, well, ignored!

18. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Oh come on! We all know that it's bad form to let facts get in the way of a good smear! :rolleyes::D

19. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Are you applying for a job at Fox news?

20. IntheNet macrumors regular

IntheNet

Good. My respect for them just tripled!

I suggest you read the Petition; Mr. Johnson, if he was anything other than a low life, could have used the services of the U.S. Postal Service, as other fathers do for handling child support payments during separation, had he any self respect in providing support. It's clear he doesn't...

21. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

If he's not allowed to see the child, then he shouldn't be paying child support. Good for him.

22. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Oh good gracious people. If a father mails child support payments directly to a mother, they aren't counted! Payments have to go through a state agency, and to do that, the mother has to request support, and the court has to order it.

Anyone else notice that the Palin family isn't alleging that he has failed to see or care for the child, merely that he hasn't provided financial support. The reason is that they have prevented him from visiting with his own child.

What needs to happen is that a court of competent jurisdiction needs to determine how much visitation he gets and how much support he will owe. Until then, we all need to chill and take the politics out of it.

23. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

It was a joke. ;) That's what smilies are for. :)

You're correct. And I'm glad this went public. God only knows what the Palin family would try to do if it weren't.

24. Rampant.A.I. macrumors 6502a

Probably ignore the rights and needs of the child and her own daughter, and just milk it for all it's worth for publicity.

...Oh, wait.

Hey, while we're on the topic, does Palin still support abstinence-only education in schools, or is she OK with teaching about contraception now that she's had some personal experience?

25. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Little Miss Bristol went on an abstinence tour right after her pregnancy. Does that answer your question?