"Palin to stump for conservative Democrats"

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Macky-Mac, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

Sarah stumping for Democrats?? Now that would be interesting....from the Washington Times

2. Axl Rose macrumors regular

3. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I have to know...is she actually taken by anyone in the US seriously?

4. Axl Rose macrumors regular

No, she isnt taken seriously by me, and i hope not anyone else.:eek:

5. opinioncircle macrumors 6502a

opinioncircle

Of course yes, Fox News has still great ratings...

6. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

So campaigning for GOP ideals isn't partisan as long as you say its not? :rolleyes:

I like how she says she will help those who believe in the "right" things. I guess jesusland has yet another crusader.

7. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

No, not at all. She was the reason I didn't vote for McCain. He was actually a great opponent for Obama until that move. I think it showed desperation.

8. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I think it showed just how stupid McCain and his handlers thought the American people were (and proved it in many ways). It was obvious from the second she opened her mouth in interviews that not only was she not qualified, she had no idea what the hell is going on in the world. I guess thats a plus for the GOP however, seeing the massive cheers that guy got from saying " I'm NOT a citizen of the world".

Its a sad day when millions support ignorance, mark another one off the calender I suppose.

9. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

I think it was an ill-concieved attempt to sway voters that were going to vote Hillary for being a woman, who were then going to vote for Obama because Hillary was out, and going "Hey, we've got a wiminz too!"

Now (then) we've got a real historical election on our hands.
    Vote McCain: We've got a wiminz.
    Vote Obama: He's black.

Either way, history is made. The McCain camp wasnt about to lose out on that oppurtunity.

10. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

I still see bumper stickers for McCain/Palin & occasionally, just Palin.
    I don't get it, but something are bonkers for her.

11. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

The simple-minded love her. And there are plenty of stupid people in the US. Fortunately, not enough to elect here to the WH.

12. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Unfortunately, yes, mostly just the Jesus Freaks. Fortunately, it's not enough for her to do anything serious.

13. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

I didn't want to make that statement. I'm trying to be more open-minded. I'm a bit of an odd leftist and I'm very close-minded about the right. Much like how the right typically is about the left, so that makes me no better than them. Hence, attempting to be more open to other people's opinions.

So far, I can only go as far as not actually saying "You're clearly stupid and don't understand what propaganda does to you, do you?".
    But I still think it in my mind-grapes*.

*: 30 Rock Ref, for those curious.

14. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Trying to be open-minded about someone like Palin is not the kind of open-minded anyone needs to be. This woman is a cancer on the political scene. That someone who is so uninformed has held political office illustrates just how low our country has sunk.

15. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

To be fair, how many competent politicians (if they even exist) are actually in Alaska?

16. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I don't know. But if she's the best they can do, Alaska has serious problems.

17. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

I disagree. This is exactly the type of open-mindedness that American needs. If people aren't able to calmly listen to other people's opinions and then calmly consider and offer alternative views, then all is lost. There can be no democracy without rational thought and debate.

18. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

I agree with this whole-mindedly, but my heart agrees with Lee too. There needs to be structured debate to further politics and democracy.

I just wish the opponent to democratic views wasn't so ill-informed (in this case. I know not all repubs. are ill-informed.)

19. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

agreed, but we need to hold our politicians to higher standards and encourage the debate and thought process rather than mindless rhetoric that we get on both sides.

20. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Your open-mindedness disgusts me. :D

21. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

When she stumps for a Dem candidate, I'll donate $100 to an abstinence only group.

22. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Thank you. I see nothing wrong with being ashamed about someone like Palin. She's an absolute disgrace- a bad joke. All Americans should be embarrassed that we have let politics sink to her level.

23. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts."

That's the problem with being open-minded with people like Palin. There are Republicans that live in the real world with the rest of us and are open to compromise on just about anything, but Palin isn't one of them.

She's a neo-con, just like Bush and Cheney and Rove and that whole gang. And neo-cons do have their own facts. They live in a different reality than we do. Theirs is a world in which man is too puny to cause global warming, where gutting the middle class causes prosperity, and where the rules don't apply to you as long as you're on the side of God.

And on top of all of that, everything they do, no matter how corrupt, is somehow based on the Bible, and since that is God's word, it's not to be questioned.

How do you reach rapprochement with someone like that?

24. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1